AA: IND-LAS $98++ no min

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
AA: IND-LAS $98++ no min

O fare. For $167 all in, found a routing that gets you ~7350 EQM, ~15,700 total miles (AA.com + PLT bonuses), and it qualifies for AAWCB. Hope you can fly on a weekday in January

Last edited by IceTrojan; Dec 8, 2005 at 3:48 am
Old Dec 8, 2005, 6:54 am

The only date I'm finding on aa.com is Jan 3 -- at 105+/146 all in.

What dates did you find?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Amazingly enough, I just found it cheaper than before... $158 all in, same EQM. Fly out Jan 10, 17, 18, or 25. ITA is your friend. HINT: there are *3* connection cities.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:12 am

It is $145 all in on continental for a few dates in January.

What are the three cities you are connecting in on AA? ORD, DFW, and?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:46 am

delta and northwest also have the fare for dates in march
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:28 am

The fare on NW has been around for quite awhile and makes for a nice little (no-minimum stay) run. I am flying IND-LAS-MSP-IND on Tuesday (spending 13 hours in LAS) and the ticket cost $137 all-in. Many dates are available.

And yes, I know I could have gotten more miles out of my run, but I only needed a few and didn't want to waste too much time.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by johnep1
The fare on NW has been around for quite awhile and makes for a nice little (no-minimum stay) run. I am flying IND-LAS-MSP-IND on Tuesday (spending 13 hours in LAS) and the ticket cost $137 all-in. Many dates are available.

And yes, I know I could have gotten more miles out of my run, but I only needed a few and didn't want to waste too much time.
can you give some examples of how you could get more miles out of it?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Post deleted because I stand corrected.

Last edited by chicaloca453; Dec 8, 2005 at 8:41 pm
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Correction to the OP:

THIS WILL NOT COUNT IN THE AA WEST COAST PROMO!

That promo is only for flights departing or arriving into Washington, Oregon, or California.

Clearly, the itinerary posted by the OP is something along the lines of IND-ORD-SEA-LAX-LAS and return which would certainly earn lots of west coast bonuses.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by tfjim

Clearly, the itinerary posted by the OP is something along the lines of IND-ORD-SEA-LAX-LAS and return which would certainly earn lots of west coast bonuses.
wouldn't it only earn one west coast bonus (i.e. 1000 miles), as it is only one return flight? or why would it earn more?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I believe the west coast bonus is only earned if your origin or destination is in CA/OR/WA, as opposed to connecting through those states.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Correction to the OP:

THIS WILL NOT COUNT IN THE AA WEST COAST PROMO!

That promo is only for flights departing or arriving into Washington, Oregon, or California.
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO YELL ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE WRONG?!

Read on, bucko:
1) Round-trip travel is defined as two one-way trips on nonstop flights between the designated cities, booked in a single reservation under one ticket number.

2) To qualify, the round-trip* (see #1 for definition of "round-trip") must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal (meaning, one of the West Coast cities).

3) A maximum of one round-trip is permitted per reservation. (so, only 1 bonus at a time)

emphasis added
If you do a search, we've all discussed this. As long as you have WC-XXX-WC (WC= West Coast airport, XXX = any routing) somewhere in your itinerary, you will receive AAWCB.

Hypothetical: Flying ORD-DEN-LAX-DFW-STL-JFK-LAX-DEN-ORD would qualify because there is DEN-LAX and a matching LAX-DEN leg in there. As long as it's on AA metal, it's fine. (Notice, however, this would not qualify for AADEN, since that promo specifically says that the flight must ORIGINATE or TERMINATE in DEN).

So, in the above post, as long as ORD-SEA and SEA-ORD are on AA, ^.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by martian
can you give some examples of how you could get more miles out of it?
For the NW fare, flying through MSP or DTW each way will earn more miles than the non-stops.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Post deleted.

Last edited by chicaloca453; Dec 8, 2005 at 8:42 pm
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I am not wrong as per your definition:

must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal (meaning, one of the West Coast cities).

The UA promo actually spells out that connecting service does not apply. AA's definition says what I copied from your post (which is above).
Did you even try to work within the given definition of "round-trip?" And I dunno about you, but I don't remember the last time an AA promo was tied to UA's rules....

The beginning or final destination city MUST be in CA, OR, or WA. LAS is in NV, which is not part of the West Coast promotion.
And this is the part that I'm saying you're wrong about.. it does NOT have to begin/end with a West Coast city.... just as long as the qualifying legs have match up with one West Coast city. If what you said was true, then it would have the same language found in AADEN: "To qualify, the trip must have Denver (DEN) as the origin or destination city."

If anyone doubts me on this, check with AA customer service. They will verify that connecting travel does not qualify.
Just out of curiosity, did YOU check with AAdvantage CS? I did, and guess what... it's been verified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.