Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Found an MR - how do i Book this?!

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2004, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Found an MR - how do i Book this?!

ok, so after reading a lot on this site, i finally decided to take the plunge and do my very 1st MR in June. I have even found an MR, but I am not sure how to actually BOOK it?!!
First off, I am based in DFW and AA PLT, so I am looking to do AA MR's. But after reading here and from ppl replying to my earlier post (thanks guys!), it sounds like I will be better off doing MR's from AUS. So here is what I have found from AUS:
On ITA:
aus-ord-sfo-pdx-ont-dfw-aus - 5901 miles - $284 - 4.8 cpm
This is not factoring in PLT bonus. What do you guys think?

Second, if I want to book this, how do i go about doing this considering that the sfo-pdx and pdx-ont segments are on Alaska Airlines.??

Do I call AA? Can I do it online somewhere, knowing the exact flight numbers and fare codes etc...?

Thanks,
KG
Old May 25, 2004, 8:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Sounds like you could try to book it on aa.com or use a third party online outlet like expedia or travelocity. The Alaska Airlines flights should be AA codeshares. I would suggest you look at the Mileage Run Tools, Part 2 thread which should contain info on how to arrange your segments to get the lowest fare/most segments possible.

As I am not an experienced mileage runner, I can't comment on the value of miles earned. From what I have learned, your 4.8 cents per mile seems a little on the high side.
Old May 25, 2004, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeves
I would suggest you look at the Mileage Run Tools, Part 2 thread which should contain info on how to arrange your segments to get the lowest fare/most segments possible.
More importantly, it would be more helpful to read the extensive Mileage Run Primer, figure out how things work, and then book something.

Letting something like ITA Software come up with routings without understanding them will probably lead to frustration and inefficiencies.
Old May 27, 2004, 7:47 am
Original Poster

fares nowhere close to ITA on AA, Travelocity

thanks keithguy and jeeves, i read up some more in the primer and tried skipping the hubs and entering just the other city pairs in the 'Multiple City' section on aa.com, travelocity, and i did manage to pull up the exact flights as ITA, but the fares were nowhere close to ITA. I guess I need to make sure those fare classes (Q,N) are available using the fare code availability buckets thing on ITN and then maybe call AA and have them check those same flights on the same fare classes only.

Will keep looking... Thanks!

-KG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.