Wiki Posts
Search

www.flight-picks.com no longer showing fare classes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k
www.flight-picks.com no longer showing fare classes

Anybody have a good alternative to this? I used to use www.flight-picks.com since this gave you a choice of fare classes. Today I used it and it no longer is showing the fare classes! Anybody else use this site and does anyone have a good alternative??
Old Jan 26, 2004, 10:09 am
Community Director Emerita

I just checked an itinerary, and am sad to confirm your post. Even when you pull up the fare rules, the code is not shown. Just last night, the website was showing the fare categories. I sincerely hope this is only a temporary change. How peculiar.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k
Hmmm, yeah. I guess the more important question is what other sites still DO show fare classes? I got used to using flightpicks so dont know of any others.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 12:32 pm
Suspended

has anyone contacted flight-picks and ask them abou the change/voice your displeasure/tell them that showing the fare codes is their competitive advantage??

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited Jan 26, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 2004, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I sent a nastygram to the support desk to get this issue escalated to their company management. They just blew it big-time.

Had they offered this pricing information, and tweaked their system to allow more routing options to be priced and displayed (like orbitz and expedia), they could have tapped into a huge market of frequent flyers. What a dumb decision. All of us who book through orbitz, expedia, travelocity, etc. and need to book certain fare classes for benefits would have moved to this company in a hearbeat for ticketing.

I will post any response I get from the company, assuming my email gets escalated properly.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 2:30 pm

I too have found that feature missing darn it .. wish Id done all my seaching yesterday Ah well jane

------------------
UA PremEx AA Plat *wood Plat
Old Jan 26, 2004, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I assume this change is driven by www.travelstoremaker.com , no?
Old Jan 26, 2004, 3:53 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Yep.. looks like that feature is gone.. The only other I know of is www.travelselect.com, which shows fare classes but flights are charged in British pounds, not US$.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 5:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snorkmaster:
I assume this change is driven by www.travelstoremaker.com , no?</font>
yes, it was travelstoremaker.com that I emailed about the change. So far, no response. I will give them until tomorrow morning, then call.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 3:30 pm

Location: Chicago, IL USA UA1K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold
Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum
Looks like it was a conscious effort to remove them. My read is that there is not a plan to return to listing them - really a shame.

Dear XXXX,
Thank you for your feedback and for being our client.
Every few months we release a new and improved version of our internet booking product.
We try to satisfy our customers needs and since we have had a number of clients being confused by the letter of the booking class, not knowing if this is an economy or other type of class, we have removed it.
This reservation booking designator is mostly relevant to the airlines, travel agents and those customers who know their meaning, such as yourself.
We shall, however, forward your response to our product development team to review the case.
Thank you once again for writing to us as we seriously take into consideration our customer's advise.
Regards,
Vera
Customer Support
TravelStoreMaker.com
Phone:+1 678 298 0798 - US customers
Phone: +359 2 983 6477 - other customers
Old Jan 27, 2004, 9:57 pm

Off topic:

Smells like opportunity to me.

Quick survey-

1. Would you be willing to pay for a site that provides you this info?
2. If yes, how much?
3. What else would the ultimate FF travel site have?

.e

[This message has been edited by entrepreneur (edited Jan 27, 2004).]
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:03 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ORD - HKG FF:
Looks like it was a conscious effort to remove them. </font>
ofcourse it was a conscious effort. it didn't happen by mistake.

not trying to be a wiseguy, but with all of the sites that are helpful to travelers being pulled (etour, flight-picks.com), i smell a conspiracy, no?

kinda like an anti-flyertalk push.....
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by entrepreneur:
Off topic:

Smells likeopportunity to me.

Quick survey-

1. Would you be willing to pay for a site that provides you this info?
2. If yes, how much?
3. Waht else would the ultimate FF travel site have?

.e

</font>
I asked our friend Smile67 to consider programming a comprehsive site that would give us everything we want, including special mileage-run route searching...and partner with Randy's agency to handle ticketing....all for a monthly fee. He responded positively, but so far nothing has happened....I think he is busy on other projects for the time being. He is probably the best person to pull off a design like that.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:10 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hauteboy:
Yep.. looks like that feature is gone.. The only other I know of is www.travelselect.com, which shows fare classes but flights are charged in British pounds, not US$.</font>
Try www.travelselect.co.uk

www.travelselect.com doesn't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.