geg-boi tomorrow for business HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2003, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold

Ok, I have to go to boi tomorrow from geg for business and want to maximize my milege and segments as much as possible. I can't seem to do any better than one stop in pdx or sea before getting to boi. Obviously, the cheaper the better but as with a last minute ticket, AS sticks it to yah. Any suggestions as far as routings? I have some flexibility with time.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2003, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Think aboug a city (XXX) somewhere where the last minute fare GEG-XXX + XXX-BOI <= GEG-BOI. If you have a lot of $$$ to play with in a last-minute scenario, sometimes this strategy can pay off.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You can always use the multi-city feature on travelocity, expedia, or Alaskaair.com to force connections through sea and pdx to boi. For example you can get GEG-SEA-PDX-SEA-BOI just by entering GEG-PDX and PDX-BOI as your first two stops. You can also treat BOI as just a stopover on your outbound trip and continue your trip on from BOI the morning after you finish your work there and go to IDA and then back the same day to GEG through BOI and SEA and/or PDX. I just priced GEG-SEA-PDX-SEA-BOI-IDA-BOI-SEA-GEG at $760. You could also consider using an AS50 to cut the price in half.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 10:43 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jerry a. laska:
at $760</font>
I'm glad you don't design my mini-vacations.

FWIW, guageguy, since you have to work, I would just take the early trip tomorrow via PDX for $92 each way, Then, I would plan better next time.

BTW, flying via SEA jacks the bucks cause the routing doesn't allow a SEA cxn.

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 08-05-2003).]
Old Aug 6, 2003, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tvl4free:
I'm glad you don't design my mini-vacations. [/i][This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 08-05-2003).]</font>
I was just helping him maximize his segments and miles as he requested not trying to design a mini-vacation/mileage run. I myself wouldn't do it but hey if it is what he wants to do and he has to be in BOI tomorrow its possible to add the segments but it will, as he noted, cost a bit. And as I noted he could also cut the price in half if he wanted with the AS50.

Old Aug 6, 2003, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Thanks for all the responces!! I ended up buying a o/w tkt from geg/pdx/boi for $89.00 and then a o/w tkt from boi/pxd/geg for $99.00. This ended up being cheaper than a round trip that priced over $300.00!!

Not exactly a milege run but a few extra can't hurt! By the way, I am about 1/2 way to earning MVP on AS so I called mp this morning and asked them to comp me MVP untill the end of the year and they did!!

YEAH!!! I just have to earn it now to keep it, which I will with a run or two to SIN for MVP GOLD. AS shocks me sometimes on how customer friendly they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.