Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forum thread on coach classes?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Forum thread on coach classes?

I have looked around the website and cannot find a discussion/primer on the implications for various coach classes. I know that some classes do not reward miles, but I see some talking about various class codes (not inluding "Y") as if there are advantages between them. I understand the advantage for Y class, although I'm not sure how it applies to rewarding more miles on mileage runs. So, is there a place on FT where this is discussed so I can continue my education?
Old May 27, 2003, 7:04 pm

Generally speaking, you'll find each airline defines its own set of fare classes. If an airline belongs to an alliance, such as oneworld or Star, they will have the same class codes as their partners (with the odd minor exception).

I suggest you search FT again on the airline or alliance you want to fly.

For example, if you fly United, ozstamps started a thread of all known UA fare codes.

The information is here, you just need to find it. Good luck.

------------------
Latitudes.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travels sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.
Robert Louis Stevenson (18501894)
Old May 27, 2003, 9:39 pm

IndustrialPatent created a list of NW fare codes not too long ago.

Fewmiles has a website dedicated to AA's AAdvantage program...there is a listing of AA's fare codes there.

[This message has been edited by timid_trnchcoat (edited 05-27-2003).]
Old May 28, 2003, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old May 31, 2003, 9:22 pm

DL fare codes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.