Wiki Posts
Search

FRA airport hotel ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2003, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1Kmm
FRA airport hotel ?

Must make overnight connection in FRA...Anyone have experience with a reasonably priced airport hotel? Also, is
"NH Frankfurt Airport" same as "Frankfurt International"? Am I in right forum?..
Didn't leave town yet, and I'm lost.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 12:17 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
There is a sheraton that is connected to the terminal and there are 2 a steigenberger hotels that are very close by.

http://www.steigenberger.com/servlet..._l2/index.html

------------------
Viele Gre

Oliver
Old Jan 14, 2003, 12:48 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Germanfflyer:
There is a sheraton that is connected to the terminal and there are 2 a steigenberger hotels that are very close by.

</font>
Thank you..Can you tell me if Kelsterbach 65451 is near the airport? It's a ASTRON HOTEL. The Steigenbergers show no availabilty on my date.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 1:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
From what I recall Kelsterbach is right next to the airport, about 2km to the terminals.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 7:11 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
That Astron also has a free airport shuttle and regular service. Just make sure you ask before you get on because there is another Astron with a shuttle as well. Their breakfast is very good, even by hearty German standards, and the rooms are functional and comfortable.

We enjoyed the Steigenberger Max once - it is more luxurious, farther from the airport and has a shuttle as well - but the Astron is our airport hotel of choice.

I just checked their website and the link to the airport hotel seemed to be down, but we have gotten good deals through the site. We have stayed there three times in the last year or so and have never been disappointed.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 8:21 am

I stayed one night at the Kelsterbach Astron at FRA last May. The cost was $123 incl. taxes and my sandwhich for dinner. It was clean and functional but rooms had an "institutional" feel and were tiny. It was an OK experience, fine for a one night before an early morning flight.

------------------
Northwest "old Gold" and current Platinum.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz ignored
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fredd:

I just checked their website and the link to the airport hotel seemed to be down, but we have gotten good deals through the site. We have stayed there three times in the last year or so and have never been disappointed.
</font>

Astron Hotels have been bought by NH Hotels. Their new website is www.nh-hotels.com .

You might also want to try www.hrs.com which is a hotel consolidator which offers pretty much the best rates for hotel rooms in germany.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Smash:
Astron Hotels have been bought by NH Hotels....</font>
The Astron/NH hotel in Walldorf south of the airport is quite nice also. Sometimes cheaper than the other NH airport hotel and fairly convenient. The rooms are pretty good sized and well decorated. There is a nice sauna and gym also.

There's a good chinese restaurant on the road into Morfelden, but not much else around.

[This message has been edited by tfjim (edited 01-14-2003).]
Old Jan 14, 2003, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all....I was concerned because Orbitz shows a promotional price of only 51Euros for the NH Frankfurt Airport Hotel..At that price, hope it includes airport shuttle and comp. breakfast. Thx again...
Old Jan 14, 2003, 1:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by goodknight:
....Orbitz shows a promotional price of only 51Euros for the NH Frankfurt Airport Hotel..At that price, hope it includes airport shuttle and comp. breakfast..</font>
That promotional fare also seems to be available at the NH website. You could look/book there to see what is included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.