Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA's cheap fares on orbitz

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2002, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

BA's cheap fares on orbitz

i got one of those dirt cheap fares yesterday on orbitz, i have e-mail conformation and a fed ex tracking number that shows my tickets as inroute, i also have ticket numbers and a conformation from BA. the only thing i do not have is a bill to my credit card, they billed me instantly like they always do but then unbilled me. anybody else use orbitz?
Old Nov 30, 2002, 9:58 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
yes, BA has the record, ticket numbers issued, Orbitz e-mail confirmation, e-mail confirmation from BA, seats changed from dreaded middles. BA agent gave me locator number and another verified record this a.m.

Credit card does not yet show the charge, but that is not unusual with Diners.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by greyarea:
i got one of those dirt cheap fares yesterday on orbitz, i have e-mail conformation and a fed ex tracking number that shows my tickets as inroute, i also have ticket numbers and a conformation from BA. the only thing i do not have is a bill to my credit card, they billed me instantly like they always do but then unbilled me. anybody else use orbitz?</font>
In my novice understanding with credit cards, often the merchant will do a purchase authorization at initial request for a purchased good or service, and then remove the purchase authorization later and then do a "charge" later. This could be why the "purchase authorization" appeared and then disappeared while your credit card statement/bank account shows the account being debited and then re-credited. Most likely it will be redebited later for the actual purchase.
Old Dec 2, 2002, 7:12 am

Bought tickets on Orbitz - took about 48 hours for the charges to appear on my AmEx. This is normal lag-time for charges to be posted to my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.