Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

I need 13,000 to make silver for CO. Need help!!!!! First Post

Old Nov 30, 2002, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Hello All,
This is my first post. I need approx. 13,000 miles to reach silver. not sure if that is possible or (worth it) before the end of the year and if so would it be expensive. Closest airport for me is EWR. Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2002, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Arcolaio99:
Hello All,
This is my first post. I need approx. 13,000 miles to reach silver. not sure if that is possible or (worth it) before the end of the year and if so would it be expensive. Closest airport for me is EWR. Thanks
</font>
I would say it's not worth it.

------------------
Vasant
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:47 pm

With all due respect, if you fly only 12000 miles per year, Elite status is virtually useless to you, so don't bother.
Old Dec 2, 2002, 6:17 am

It sounds like you really want Silver, and are willing to spend some $$ to get there. If both are true, I'd recommend holding on to your $$ until after Jan 1, then waiting (all year if need be) until a REALLY good deal comes up. Realistically, you could get 13,000 miles by flying two transcon's with convoluted routing (i.e. EWR-MSP-HOU-SEA-HOU-MSP-EWR), but you'll have to wait until a deal comes up. I usually will jump on a $150 or less transcon if I can get the routing to work out. Add a few mileage runs to your normal (I assume) 12K per year, and you'll have spent about $300 extra on Silver, which may be worth it.

Also, look in to getting Silver via segments on CO. It takes 30 segments (one flight number = 1 segment)
Old Dec 2, 2002, 9:19 am

There's an NW sale NYC-LON/PAR/FRA for $189 + tax... that'll get you some of it...

[This message has been edited by AndrewC75 (edited 12-02-2002).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.