Wiki Posts
Search

40K STATUS Miles on NW/KLM for $1800 via US-Asia paid C

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2002, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
40K STATUS Miles on NW/KLM for $1800 via US-Asia paid C

NW has an $1800 C class (yeah, that's Business Class!!) fare US-BKK RT...you'll earn 40K STATUS miles, and about 65K total miles if you have NW/KLM high tier elite status.
outbond Dec 16-Jan 2
inbound Dec 23-Jan 9
book by Dec 2
7 day minimum (but starts at date of departure, so actually you only need 4 days 'on the ground')

I decided to side trip to Vietnam in order to take advantage of this eye-popping fare!

Check www.nwa.com for more details!

Old Nov 26, 2002, 10:53 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
40K????????????? How did you come out with that? Even doing a SAN-EWR-NRT-BKK = 12,044 one way, 24,088 r/t + 12,044 WBC bonus only puts you at a little over 36K status, assuming that the MPM threshold will let you legally route it that way.
Old Nov 26, 2002, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
You get 100% CoS tier miles bonus at KL FD + up to 125% bonsu for PE.
Old Nov 26, 2002, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

zipper- my apologies!
terenz- thanks for covering me!

I assumed (WRONGLY!!) that when KLM rejiggered its program back in October to better align itself with the NW FFP, that both programs would offer the 100% CoS status miles bonus. So, both CO and NW cling to the 50% CoS bonus....ahhhh what a shame!

Still, a bunch of status miles in one fell swoop, eh? And in style!!
Old Nov 27, 2002, 9:13 am

They also have holiday WBC fares to Europe for $800-$1000.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 9:55 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beaubo:
zipper- my apologies!
terenz- thanks for covering me!

I assumed (WRONGLY!!) that when KLM rejiggered its program back in October to better align itself with the NW FFP, that both programs would offer the 100% CoS status miles bonus. So, both CO and NW cling to the 50% CoS bonus....ahhhh what a shame!

Still, a bunch of status miles in one fell swoop, eh? And in style!!
</font>
Beaubo, my apologies...I didn't know KL FD gave 100% bonus for CoS! Thats news to me!! Sounds like Platinum on KLM and the various perks they offer is ALOT better status than on NWA or CO.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Zipper-

KL FD also lets you use intra-US awards on NW with NO Saturday might stay requirement for 25K (not 50K like NW/CO)! And supposedly, KL PEs can often override capacity controls for award seats on KL metal...THAT claim I'll believe once I've tried it first hand!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.