Wiki Posts
Search

UA SJC-JAX is back for $130 inc tax

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2001, 4:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
KevinB-

Way to go Good luck Sunday...I'll be in the air on the way to Sydney wishing you good fortune.
Old Nov 3, 2001, 4:38 pm

The 1300 JAX-IAD is showing Y0, while the 1400 is Y1. Maybe you're flying at 1300? If you do get bumped, it doesn't look like there are any UA options to get you out past that time (nothing for sale), so they might have to put you on someone else.

[This message has been edited by tom911 (edited 11-03-2001).]
Old Nov 4, 2001, 7:31 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">If you do get bumped, it doesn't look like there are any UA options to get you out past that time (nothing for sale), so they might have to put you on someone else.</font>
A couple of weeks ago the noonish JAX-ORD I was booked on was oversold. I didn't volunteer because I wanted to get home and figured they'd put me on the JAX-IAD and delay me by a few hours. Turns out they didn't even consider putting the volunteers on other UA flights, but booked them on American. Turned out great for them because they ended up with $400 in vouchers, miles on both carriers and a non-stop to their destination when they had planned to go through ORD.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
I took a bump from a SFO-IAD Friday night red-eye flight recently. Got $600 VDB and a hotel night, and was accomodated on an early Saturday morning United flight. (Still managed to finish my mileage run on Saturday, although it made for a pretty long day.) It helped significantly, I think, that the immediately previous SFO-IAD United flight on that Friday was mid-afternoon, so travelers who didn't want to head to the airport right after lunch had to take this particular red-eye.

[This message has been edited by pshuang (edited 11-04-2001).]
Old Nov 4, 2001, 8:49 pm

Things didn't quite work out like I expected...

Was scheduled on the 2:00 flight to IAD... Problem was, there was no crew! So the flight got delayed, and delayed, and delayed...

Spent a ton of time trying to figure out how to get back to SJC... Ended up on a flight to ORD tonight.... Got put up in the Hilton at O'Hare, and will finally get to fly home tomorrow morning....

I hope it doesn't take this much time every time I do this flight!

KevinB
Old Nov 5, 2001, 4:44 am

KevinB-

Wait until it starts snowing I have 3 more of these starting Nov 29, and the weather might be more of a challenge. I'm prepared to just turn around midway and not even go there if it looks like I won't be able to get back. I haven't decided if I want to book any in Jan-Feb just because of the weather issue (transiting IAD or ORD) and the problems it creates.

Glad they took care of the hotel room for you. Hopefully you didn't need to be anywhere Monday morning

Tom in Sydney, Australia tonight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.