Search

OAK-STL - $140 inc tax on AA and UA

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2001, 9:11 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
OAK-STL - $140 inc tax on AA and UA

I checked a few UA dates - looks like lots of flights available in August. Travel days are T,W and Sat. Last time I did this one I coupled it with a Priceline room at the airport Holiday Inn for $15.

3454 status miles through DEN
Old Jun 8, 2001, 2:02 am

Just got back from STL out of OAK, connecting thru DEN. Sweet miles for $135. On top of that, OAK-DEN leg was overbooked, so I was able to comp a $400 travel coupon for volunteering to take a bump. Only a few hours to kill and the agent gave me a meal voucher to help pass the time. The travel gods must have been with me because the return segment DEN-OAK was overbooked again. This time I compted a $600 travel coupon for volunteering again to take a bump. Another 3 hr wait but suppose DEN is not too bad a place to kill some time. I may do this again just for the miles, although I don't expect to get bumped again. But then again.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.