Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCI-BOS for $99 R/T on DL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2001, 9:50 am
Original Poster

MCI-BOS for $99 R/T on DL

I can't explain the fare (since it's 1/3 of any other fare for the route), but anyway, it's available with very few restrictions.
Old Jun 6, 2001, 10:50 am

Easily explained:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000648.html
Old Jun 6, 2001, 1:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by happymob:
I can't explain the fare (since it's 1/3 of any other fare for the route), but anyway, it's available with very few restrictions. </font>
Thank you very much for this post--I got 3 tickets on the Delta site for $116 each for Thanksgiving. I really appreciate the tip.

Old Jun 7, 2001, 8:27 am

This fare is particularly attractive for weekend runs. An overnight stay is required, but not necessarily Saturday, depending on when you travel.

From Boston, for example, one can leave on Friday at 6:15 p.m., stay in MCI overnight, and return to BOS Saturday morning. Then turn around and head back to MCI Saturday afternoon on another ticket, stay overnight, have a leisurely breakfast on Sunday morning and return to BOS sometime on Sunday. All for $232 (2 RT tickets X $116, including taxes, etc.). Take the early flight back from MCI on Saturday to allow plenty of time between turnaround segments in BOS Saturday afternoon, especially considering you will probably be on separate tickets.

With double base miles available on all DL flights through July 15, someone who has a place to stay in MCI could rack up a bunch of inexpensive base miles at the rate of about 12,000 per weekend, depending on routing, without taking any vacation. PM (or GM), on-line booking, AMEX and other potential add-on SkyMiles bonuses can bring the weekend total to over 20,000 miles, reducing the cost per mile to as little as about 1.1 cents per mile.

With summer fares to foreign destinations skyrocketing, this could be one of the best mileage run deals available for a DL fanatic.
Old Jun 7, 2001, 4:41 pm
Suspended

We are flying from St Louis to MCI on Southwest ($30 each way, 4 Rapid Rewards credits) to get this fare to BOS. If at the last minute we decide to drive over, the Southwest ticket can be turned into a credit good for a year.

The MCI Hampton Inn (Airport) is a Point Stretcher at 6,000 HHonors points.

There's also a Harrah's nearby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.