Multi Segment Booking Engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2000, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond

What booking facility do you use to reserve and or ticket a mileage run with more than two connections in each direction?

For example. TPA/EWR/CLE/LAX-CLE/EWR/TPA

6 segments book fine. If I add another segment either the fare breaks or an "unable to process" message is returned.

Short of a travel agent or the airline directly does anyone have any suggestions on where to book this type of itin?
Old Nov 26, 2000, 2:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
http://www.itn.com is likely your best bet. I don't know about UA Connection software.

In Canada, AC offers PTO to its top customers and it allows 8 segments. I think ITN above does the same. The problem is you don't get to see the fare class and rules the same way you can in Expedia and Travelocity. I have bugged Travelocity and Expedia about this but they don't seem to listen. If more of us complain, then they might listen. (ie booking each segment by fare code, not just class, and multi-segment itineraries). Travelocity actually got worse on the multi-segment compared to Expedia.
Old Nov 26, 2000, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Thanks,

I have been using ITN for a long time in the advanced mode and I have not been able to get it to price this type of multi-multi segment itin.

TW
Old Nov 27, 2000, 1:56 am

I find that ITN more often than not charges more for multi-segment itineraries than either Travelocity or CO/Expedia (I assume this is a CO ticket based on transfer points). I do pretty will on CO or NW Web sites for multi-segment trips.
Old Nov 28, 2000, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL: PM
I suspect ITN provides the backengine for United.com!

------------------
I fly therefore I am!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.