Wiki Posts
Search

AS: JFK-OGG - $518 - up to 19900 EQMs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
AS: JFK-OGG - $518 - up to 19900 EQMs

I may have stumbled upon the AS mileage run of the year. JFK-OGG r/t is as low as $518, potentially lower later in the year.

However if you book in February, the DEQM promo applies.

The below itinerary with the promo would earn 19,900 EQMs at 2.61 cpm. If you start with nothing, you'll be 100 EQMs away from MVP elite status by the time you get back.

Note the overnight layovers in both directions

However there are even cheaper days in the month. This is the best I could come up with on days I could personally travel. As always, YMMV.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 6, 2024 at 7:15 am
Old Feb 6, 2024, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
You can get MVP status with 19,910 EQM? I'm guessing you meant that a flyer would be *100* EQMs away from MVP status.

Nice find if you want AS MVP status.

-RM
Old Feb 6, 2024, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
You can get MVP status with 19,910 EQM? I'm guessing you meant that a flyer would be *100* EQMs away from MVP status.

Nice find if you want AS MVP status.

-RM
Good catch! *fixed*

-J.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 8:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Lots of options that sadly I won't be able to take advantage of.

But as an example, you can do JFK-SAN-OGG-SEA-EWR to remove the overnight on the return and get a clean 20,014 miles with the promo for $550 (G there, O on the return).
RobOnLI, cruser1 and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:14 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
The example given above is not at 2.6cpm once you have factored the two overnights. Also, unless you are 100k and almost guaranteed a FC upgrade, you will likely need to purchase food on board.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Minos
The example given above is not at 2.6cpm once you have factored the two overnights. Also, unless you are 100k and almost guaranteed a FC upgrade, you will likely need to purchase food on board.
Just because you need to pay for hotels doesn't mean the rest of us do I also usually bring my own food for a trip like this, and even if I didn't, I would never purchase "food" (or whatever they call it these days) onboard.

-J.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 5:54 pm

Great deal!

However, most people might need to reposition unless you live in the NYC area, so this is def a great deal for those folks looking for a cheap way to get Emeral Status for dirt cheap.

For me, stationed in Seattle, I was able to get a couple of 250 dollars round trip to the East Coast (EWR and RDU) this month with same-day returns.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
I am assuming the promo code is only validate for AS mileage or is it valid for AA mileage/LP also if credit to AA account ?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
I am assuming the promo code is only validate for AS mileage or is it valid for AA mileage/LP also if credit to AA account ?
There is no promo code. These are/were standard published fares.

For AA, you should check the Alaska earning chart. These are AS G fares, which earn 25% base miles, so that's 4,975 RDMs. I still don't really know how LPs work, so you'll have to determine that for yourself.

-J.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 2:18 pm

Here's the AA partner page for AS - https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...a-airlines.jsp

If this books into G as GW McLintock said, then you'll earn 25% of the distance as redeemable miles and 25% of the distance as loyalty points. You only earn based on ticket price for AA, BA, IB at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.