Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB/BR RDU - LHR - PVG $1600 r/t economy

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2023, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb IB/BR RDU - LHR - PVG $1600 r/t economy

Found this price on some ITAs. Same ticket worth $6000 + on British Airline website. One way is $800+ on Ovago and HOP2 only.
You can even make LHR a stopover for the free.

Question: If I buy round trip but plan not to take the return leg, can I cancel it for a refund after I take the outbound trip?
Old May 31, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA1K
It won’t refund as half the price of what you paid. The tickets will be repriced and you may not get anything back at all, from what I understand.

it might be even more complicated since you’re booking through an OTA. Just book what you plan on flying or be prepared to eat the cost of the return leg.

Also, this is the premium fare deals subforum. I think there’s another place to post economy deals
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by RyanBR
Found this price on some ITAs. Same ticket worth $6000 + on British Airline website. One way is $800+ on Ovago and HOP2 only.
You can even make LHR a stopover for the free.

Question: If I buy round trip but plan not to take the return leg, can I cancel it for a refund after I take the outbound trip?
1) Wrong forum moved
2) Never heard of those OTAs, so good luck
3) They are probably selling you 2 tickets (RDU-LHR and LHR-PVG) hence the "free" stopover. Doubtful IB has a fare filed that allows BR.

Last edited by skunker; May 31, 2023 at 4:17 pm
Old Jun 22, 2023, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by skunker
Doubtful IB has a fare filed that allows BR.
Agreed...but I think the OP probably means BA (British Airways) rather than BR (Eva Air)
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.