FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1870720-ua-lax-sin-384-rt-17520mi-2-2cpm.html)

westleyl Oct 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Do I need to go through customs in SIN since I'm only at the airport for less than 5 hours? Or do I just stay airside?

edsh Oct 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by westleyl (Post 28948539)
Do I need to go through customs in SIN since I'm only at the airport for less than 5 hours? Or do I just stay airside?

Stay airside. There's lots to do. Use this website to pick your sightseeing options within the airport. Gardens, food courts, movie theater are all open 24 hours and described under the sub-link "Let us suggest some fun itineraries". (United uses Terminal 2.)

http://www.changiairport.com/en/maps.html

westleyl Oct 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by edsh (Post 28948812)
Stay airside. There's lots to do. Use this website to pick your sightseeing options within the airport. Gardens, food courts, movie theater are all open 24 hours and described under the sub-link "Let us suggest some fun itineraries". (United uses Terminal 2.)

http://www.changiairport.com/en/maps.html

Much appreciated, thank you!!

irelayer Oct 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Can someone add me to the Wiki? I only have 52 posts. My dates are Nov 2-Nov 5.

-IR

Flying Machine Oct 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by westleyl (Post 28948917)
Much appreciated, thank you!!

Don't forget the swimming pool and observation deck

gusd Oct 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 28949228)
Don't forget the swimming pool and observation deck

Or the butterfly garden and the koi pond.

Flying Machine Oct 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by irelayer (Post 28949035)
Can someone add me to the Wiki? I only have 52 posts. My dates are Nov 2-Nov 5.

-IR

Added to Wiki..

985X Oct 18, 2017 8:57 pm

I am hesitating whether I should do this.. I have a $200 ETC which would drag the price down to $185 RT. Plan to leave on 11/22 and back on 11/24. I am SQ*G so I only get 25% accrual (not considering crediting to MP as the RDM would be far less than 25% on SQ)! I know it's thanksgiving, but I'm alone here, so it doesn't bother too much. Anyone travelling on the same date? Honestly I do hope IRROPs occur and get rebooked to other *A airlines with some creative routeings..

pbartp Oct 19, 2017 9:33 am

Originally Posted by 985X (Post 28949805)
I am hesitating whether I should do this.. I have a $200 ETC which would drag the price down to $185 RT. Plan to leave on 11/22 and back on 11/24. I am SQ*G so I only get 25% accrual (not considering crediting to MP as the RDM would be far less than 25% on SQ)! I know it's thanksgiving, but I'm alone here, so it doesn't bother too much. Anyone travelling on the same date? Honestly I do hope IRROPs occur and get rebooked to other *A airlines with some creative routeings..

I'm on that flight on 11/22. Currently, coach looks pretty full. Do you get to preserve E+ at time of booking? If not, I think you are looking at a middle seat.

Flying Machine Oct 19, 2017 9:43 am

Originally Posted by 985X (Post 28949805)

Bear in mind in case of an IRROP, don't expect UA to book you on SQ (based on your stationery) . They will most always book you on NH and they have an agreement with one another..

crussow Oct 19, 2017 10:46 am

Is it too late for this? I saw flights last night for under $400 round trip and today I can't find any options with the deep discount fare :(

985X Oct 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by crussow (Post 28951978)
Is it too late for this? I saw flights last night for under $400 round trip and today I can't find any options with the deep discount fare :(

Same issues happened to me last night. Then I tried China/Micronesia/Canada/Mexico websites, all of them showing deep discount fare. Got one ticket confirmed on Mexico website, but you MUST use a Mexican address and Mexican phone number. You can just type your U.S. address and change the "state", for example, to "Baja California". It doesn't matter as you can always change them after you ticket got confirmed.

985X Oct 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 28951702)
Bear in mind in case of an IRROP, don't expect UA to book you on SQ (based on your stationery) . They will most always book you on NH and they have an agreement with one another..

I don't mind which *A carrier they would rebook me on as long as it's an airline I haven't taken before. I'm always excited to try new airlines! Even ET or AI would be fine (given their SIN schedule it's highly unlikely that UA would rebook me to ET/AI though).

SeanTek Oct 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by 985X (Post 28952329)
Same issues happened to me last night. Then I tried China/Micronesia/Canada/Mexico websites, all of them showing deep discount fare. Got one ticket confirmed on Mexico website, but you MUST use a Mexican address and Mexican phone number. You can just type your U.S. address and change the "state", for example, to "Baja California". It doesn't matter as you can always change them after you ticket got confirmed.

Woohoo: I got the low fare! :D LAX-SIN r/t 11/9 - 11/19, if anyone wants to meet up. Thanks for the great thread, thanks to 985X for the tip (I booked through Canada), and thanks to Flying Machine for all of the offline advice!

The current US price is $896.66. S fare class LAX-SIN, L fare class SIN-LAX.

985X Oct 20, 2017 8:09 pm

11/22 LAX - SIN 985X
11/24 SIN - LAX 985X

Please add me to wiki as I have less than 50 posts. Thanks!