UA/Star, ORD-PVG returning to YYZ, $318 all in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/Star, ORD-PVG returning to YYZ, $318 all in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Also available with YVR as final destination, just in case someone from the West Coast might feel a bit funny about skipping a final leg or two. Short award flight back home. Prices out to $336.

Is there a way to get an extra day in HKG? Haven't checked the fare rules yet. Thanks-
What's the risk of skipping the final leg? Apologize, since I've never done it before, but do you get full PQM for the legs you did make (or all?).

-IR
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Found another $423 ai from DCA/IAD. Can return through IAD and throw away the IAD-YUL segment.

Sample dates: Nov 28-Dec 5th. $342 if outbound is from BWI.

https://goo.gl/flights/qFDX

Last edited by Nado; Jun 21, 2017 at 1:04 pm
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:23 pm

Is it dead now? 10 minutes ago I still see the fare but now all I am seeing is that the ORD-HKG is pricing out to be in V fare instead of G
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by qplazm1982
Is it dead now? 10 minutes ago I still see the fare but now all I am seeing is that the ORD-HKG is pricing out to be in V fare instead of G
Looks like it is. Was just about to book and now it's ~$900 instead of $300. That's what I get for waiting to see if a friend wanted to come along.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by mjdth
Looks like it is. Was just about to book and now it's ~$900 instead of $300. That's what I get for waiting to see if a friend wanted to come along.
I, on the other hand, was trying to find cheap flight to go to TPE. hard to find one from PVG
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
It looks like this is just for November and December. Has anyone been able to get it earlier or later than that?
I just booked in mid Sept. Looked Sept 8th was the earliest for my plans.

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Also available with YVR as final destination, just in case someone from the West Coast might feel a bit funny about skipping a final leg or two. Short award flight back home. Prices out to $336.

Is there a way to get an extra day in HKG? Haven't checked the fare rules yet. Thanks-
Good tip, couldn't find a way to stay more than 20 hours in HKG.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA/WN/Marriott/SPG/Avis/Hertz
How do you have access to GDS? I have a hobby cents/mi project for mileage running. Want to tie into their APIs.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by irelayer
What's the risk of skipping the final leg? Apologize, since I've never done it before, but do you get full PQM for the legs you did make (or all?).

-IR
If you do so occasionally, likely not much risk at all, but it does run afoul of the rules. What will normally happen is that you simply miss the earned credit for the skipped final segment. You cannot skip a segment in the middle!!! That would cancel the remaining itinerary. You can only skip segments from the end-forward. Meaning if you were flying segments ABCDE, you could skip E, or DE, or CDE, or even BCDE, but no other combinations.

Unless they really screw up, there is no chance of getting credit for segments cancelled at the end of your itin. Once offloaded from the flight, you're dead to them.

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks-
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Nado
Found another $423 ai from DCA/IAD. Can return through IAD and throw away the IAD-YUL segment.

Sample dates: Nov 28-Dec 5th. $342 if outbound is from BWI.

https://goo.gl/flights/qFDX
Darn, I missed it...thanks for posting though.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:14 pm

For anyone that booked this, I was playing around on UA website to change the flight, apparently. After i change my return to reduce a stop, my outbound flight for CX got dropped from UA website and I end up with SFO-HKG/PVG-SFO-YYZ YMMV for anyone want to spend more time in HK.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:27 pm

Fare gone

I cant find anything under $500.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by kaioho
For anyone that booked this, I was playing around on UA website to change the flight, apparently. After i change my return to reduce a stop, my outbound flight for CX got dropped from UA website and I end up with SFO-HKG/PVG-SFO-YYZ YMMV for anyone want to spend more time in HK.
i'm getting an error if i tried to change any leg.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Was able to still find one that worked out of SFO during Tgiving late last night (11pm pacific) without the middle HKG - pvg leg (will need to connect another way). On air canada for about $450 (Unfort. L fare class). It showed up on the chase travel portal so was able to book with 30k chase points! Would much rather use 30k pts vs $350 cash
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FLA77
I cant find anything under $500.
Fare was re-filed to stop the HKG connection:

Code:
  AND
  IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN HONG KONG,
  SAR, CHINA AND BJS/SHA
      THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST NOT BE ON
      ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
        ANY KA FLIGHT
        ANY CX FLIGHT
        ANY HX FLIGHT.
The fare is still valid, but I suspect the old prices were a glitch (FD) of some sort, as it should not get nearly that low under normal rules. "Normal" pricing is $6xx on CHI/SHA or YTO/SHA, your pick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.