Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: SFO-JFK-LAX $480.60 ai r/t (10,094mi; 4.7CPM; Dec. 7th only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG, Hertz Gold

For all of those out there who need 10,000 miles here is an option I found and was able to price out on AA.com just a few minutes ago, so it is still active.

San Francisco (SFO) to New York (JFK) - Sat, Dec 7

American Airlines Flight# 24 Dep: 7:05AM Arr: 3:40PM 5h 35m Boeing 767

5h 55m layover

New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX) - Sat, Dec 7

American Airlines Flight# 185 Dep: 9:35PM Arr: 12:55AM 6h 20m Boeing 767

Arrive Dec. 8th

Los Angeles (LAX) to New York (JFK) - Mon, Dec 9

American Airlines Flight# 10 Dep: 9:15PM Arr: 5:25AM 5h 10m Boeing 767

2h 35m layover

New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO) - Tue, Dec 10

American Airlines Flight# 59 Dep: 8:00AM Arr: 11:35AM 6h 35m Boeing 767

This will give you a total cost of $480.60 and a total mileage accrual of 10,094, which works out to be around 4.7CPM. For December it isnt too bad at all, especially if you need close to 10K miles to reach the next elite level status. ^

Additional costs would be the hotel/ rental car (if needed) for the one night stay in Los Angeles.

****Now this only seems to work for both Departure dates of Dec. 7th. What I mean by that is you can only leave SFO for JFK on the 7th as well as leave from JFK to LAX on the 7th. Otherwise the price goes way up if you were to leave from JFK to LAX on the 8th. AA did something similar to this at the beginning of 2013 in February I believe and it cost me $402 total, but it was almost the identical routing.

Maybe this works for LAX-JFK-LAX-JFK-LAX or JFK-LAX-JFK-LAX-JFK, but I havent tried those options (sorry for being a bit lazy on that part). I do know that I could not get it to work for SFO-JFK-SFO-JFK-SFO. I couldnt get the return flight from SFO-JFK to arrive before the last JFK-SFO flight on Dec. 10th so I went with LAX.

Hope this helps anyone out there get to the first or better yet, the highest level of elite status! Happy Thanksgiving to you all and to your families!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by SF_Flyer22
****Now this only seems to work for both Departure dates of Dec. 7th. What I mean by that is you can only leave SFO for JFK on the 7th as well as leave from JFK to LAX on the 7th.
That's because they're both weekend NetSaaver fares requiring departure after 10pm Friday or all day Saturday and return on Monday or Tuesday. There was a flight from SFO on Friday night when the fares came out on Monday this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.