Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: LIS-GIG (via EWR & IAH) €706.66 (V fare; 19602 mi, USD 4.6cpm; multi-city bkg.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: LIS-GIG (via EWR & IAH) €706.66 (V fare; 19602 mi, USD 4.6cpm; multi-city bkg.)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
FRA-EZE available as well

Not quite the same CPM, but if one is interested in Argentina instead, FRA-IAH-EZE €815.11EUR for 20588 miles (€0.0396pm), just over US 5cpm.
As mentioned before, interesting since V fare credits 100% to most programs.

It's even available for the Argentina Do (Cow Do IX) weekend if you're willing to take a 34hr stopover in IAH (or connect/stop through EWR) on the return
Old Jul 6, 2013, 5:18 am

Not the most mileage but I needed a way home from DUB anyway so booked DUB-EWR 6 week stopover EWR-GRU-EWR for a quick weekend trip then 8 week stopover and EWR-ARN. a/i $1026
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1k
Thinking of doing LHR-FRA-IAH-GIG-IAH (Stopover)-ORD-LHR in J come the end of August. Prices out at £2315 ai but I could do with the bonus pqm's as I would like to make 1k this year end, and it makes a very long trip surviveable.

Looking at the fare rules for the Z fare on ef, I see the following in the other conditions:

Z CLASS FARES ACCRUES BASE MILES AND ELITE
STATUE BONUS MILES BUT ARE NOT ELLIGIBLE FOR
CABIN/CLASS OF SERVICE BONUS MILES.

Does this mean that even though the mileage charts show Z fares accrue 150% PQM, this is not the case?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Richym99
Thinking of doing LHR-FRA-IAH-GIG-IAH (Stopover)-ORD-LHR in J come the end of August. Prices out at £2315 ai but I could do with the bonus pqm's as I would like to make 1k this year end, and it makes a very long trip surviveable.

Looking at the fare rules for the Z fare on ef, I see the following in the other conditions:

Z CLASS FARES ACCRUES BASE MILES AND ELITE
STATUE BONUS MILES BUT ARE NOT ELLIGIBLE FOR
CABIN/CLASS OF SERVICE BONUS MILES.

Does this mean that even though the mileage charts show Z fares accrue 150% PQM, this is not the case?
Z is a first class award class so you would not be getting class of service bonus miles. A,F,P get 50% bonus and D,I,J,R get 25%. All of these fare classes get 1.5 points.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Z is a first class award class so you would not be getting class of service bonus miles. A,F,P get 50% bonus and D,I,J,R get 25%. All of these fare classes get 1.5 points.
Not sure where you got that, Z is a legit business fare class. See this thread for details.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:41 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The mileage calculator agrees with the 150% miles for Z fares, but if I am going to spend £2300 I would prefer it to be for 35796 PQM than 23864 so thought it best to check.

The guys in work think I'm crazy to spend that on a flight, but that 10,000 extra miles means one TATL trip less if I want to make 1K (saving about £700), and I can use the award miles towards getting over to the States next summer when the costs are most prohibitive from the UK (saving anything up to £1000). It also means I only have to do another 16k to get to 1k for the first time.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Richym99
Thanks for the reply.

The mileage calculator agrees with the 150% miles for Z fares, but if I am going to spend £2300 I would prefer it to be for 35796 PQM than 23864 so thought it best to check.

The guys in work think I'm crazy to spend that on a flight, but that 10,000 extra miles means one TATL trip less if I want to make 1K (saving about £700), and I can use the award miles towards getting over to the States next summer when the costs are most prohibitive from the UK (saving anything up to £1000). It also means I only have to do another 16k to get to 1k for the first time.
The guys at work would be right if they are aware of the USAir 100% (targeted) promo would net you about 183k redeemable miles. 2 J awards to Asia, or nearly 2 J awards to the US. But you may see quite a bit of value from 1K, who knows?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:23 pm

Having never flown US I doubt that I would ever qualify for a targeted promotion, and yes. 1k woukd be of value to me, especially the GPU's
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:36 pm

Not sure where you got that, Z is a legit business fare class. See this thread for details.[/QUOTE]

Where didI get it from? How about here: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Inventory_Classes_and_Mileage_Eligibility_(AA)

Or here: http://cwsi.net/m/aa.htm

Or the fact that Z is nowhere to be found in the purchased fare classes at AA.com: http://cwsi.net/m/aa.htm

Am I missing something?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by krlcomm
Not sure where you got that, Z is a legit business fare class. See this thread for details.
Where didI get it from? How about here: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Inventory_Classes_and_Mileage_Eligibility_(AA)

Or here: http://cwsi.net/m/aa.htm

Or the fact that Z is nowhere to be found in the purchased fare classes at AA.com: http://cwsi.net/m/aa.htm

Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

My bad, just realized I was replying to a UA thread... I had been on a couple of AA threads and lost track of where I was... Apologies!!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:35 pm

Great deal. I'm in.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Question.

If booked on Ua, but I am Sen at Lufthansa, what is the best optimization in getting miles?

Get it to LH? How many miles is it then?
Or a new account on UA?

Can I use my E-vouchers of LH on UA?

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by mgo72
Question.

If booked on Ua, but I am Sen at Lufthansa, what is the best optimization in getting miles?

Get it to LH? How many miles is it then?
Or a new account on UA?

Can I use my E-vouchers of LH on UA?

Thanks
To LH you get 100% base + 25% Exec bonus on both LH & UA on this fare. You can calculate for your particular routing on webflyer, not sure what fare the segments in Europe book into.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by dre_techie
To LH you get 100% base + 25% Exec bonus on both LH & UA on this fare. You can calculate for your particular routing on webflyer, not sure what fare the segments in Europe book into.
It should book in V as well, but it's good to double-check.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mgo72
Question.

My best take was departing the lowest-fare airport in my reach (AMS), not doing any intra-Europe segments and adding a segment in the US that only raised the price by a dollar or so yet added a few hundred miles. Additionally going through IAH is substantially more miles that going though IAD, so something like AMS-ORD-IAH-GIG and return will probably yield the best miles pre Euro ratio...

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.