FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA: LIS-GIG (via EWR & IAH) €706.66 (V fare; 19602 mi, USD 4.6cpm; multi-city bkg.) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1471902-ua-lis-gig-via-ewr-iah-706-66-v-fare-19602-mi-usd-4-6cpm-multi-city-bkg.html)

CaptainMiles May 31, 2013 12:47 pm

UA: LIS-GIG (via EWR & IAH) €706.66 (V fare; 19602 mi, USD 4.6cpm; multi-city bkg.)

Books into V class, for which there is easy availability. Upgradeable, and you can upgrade all the way LIS-EWR-IAH-GIG with one single GPU.

Most interestingly, fare allows one free stopover in the US, and one additional stopover for $100. If you were planing on traveling LIS-EWR-LIS, might as well do a EWR-IAH-GIG weekend add-on, and the whole thing will be cheaper than just LIS-EWR-LIS. With the free stopover the taxes go up a notch, so you might be at €734, but still a great deal.

Valid 8/26-12/15.

Example:
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/...pse865c0c4.jpg

Gnopps May 31, 2013 1:40 pm

Nice find, thanks! Sao Paulo is a little cheaper even

PV_Premier May 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Wow, outstanding find for a V fare. My last TATL W was over $1500 usd from US!

CaptainMiles May 31, 2013 2:29 pm

UA V earns 100% on A3. This could be instant *G status for 3 years with one €706 trip.

o mikros Jun 2, 2013 11:44 am

Great fare, but keep in mind the cost of the Brazilian visa.

stewardo Jun 2, 2013 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by o mikros (Post 20852655)
Great fare, but keep in mind the cost of the Brazilian visa.

The cost for most European citizens (and citizens of dozens of other countries) is zero - no visa required for tourism visits up to 90 days.

o mikros Jun 2, 2013 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by stewardo (Post 20852838)
The cost for most European citizens (and citizens of dozens of other countries) is zero - no visa required for tourism visits up to 90 days.

Yes, I'm posting for those (few ;)) among us from the other side of the pond.

tycosiao Jun 3, 2013 7:47 pm

Question: I have to clear immigration at EWR to board the domestic flight to Houston and clear immigration again for the international flight to GIG?

And likewise for the return sector?

jfkeze Jun 3, 2013 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 20861162)
Question: I have to clear immigration at EWR to board the domestic flight to Houston and clear immigration again for the international flight to GIG?

And likewise for the return sector?

On the way down, you clear immigration only once at EWR, if travelling on a non-US passport, you would hand back the I-94 form at the gate in IAH...

Heading back, clear Immigration at IAH, and same handing back the form at the gate at EWR...

(I might be wrong, but I think even in Transit, non-US passports need to complete and return the I-94 form)

@ORD Jun 3, 2013 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by o mikros (Post 20853839)
Yes, I'm posting for those (few ;)) among us from the other side of the pond.

I feel the same pain. But I suppose we have our State Department to thank for those reciprocal visa fees :)

It seems in Brazil, Argentina or Chile, US citizens pay the heftiest fees.

tycosiao Jun 4, 2013 4:26 am

Am I right to say that one needs to clear immigration at EWR and clear immigration again at IAH?

Palal Jun 4, 2013 4:28 am

On the way there at EWR, on the way back at IAH, if that's how you're routing.

GBM.flights Jun 4, 2013 4:41 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 20861396)
On the way down, you clear immigration only once at EWR, if travelling on a non-US passport, you would hand back the I-94 form at the gate in IAH...

Heading back, clear Immigration at IAH, and same handing back the form at the gate at EWR...

(I might be wrong, but I think even in Transit, non-US passports need to complete and return the I-94 form)

I-94 has gone paperless (automated they call it). You don't need to fill out the form anymore.

tycosiao Jun 4, 2013 4:43 am

Wouldn't I need to clear arrival immigration at EWR and clear Departure immigration at IAH?

And vice versa?

Lack Jun 4, 2013 5:19 am

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 20862850)
Wouldn't I need to clear arrival immigration at EWR and clear Departure immigration at IAH?

Do you think the answer to that changes by the hour?

There's really not much of departure immigration in the US.