Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: BOS-SJC $248 RT AI 4.13 cpm BIS (2.07 cpm with AATHX promo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:06 pm

thanks reply, coz that's my first planning order, i just a normal aa member(lowest level)

base on
Discount Economy Class G, Q, N, O*, S 100% .50

and the trip miles is 6000 mile. so Elite Qualifying Points is $3000,right? and right now double up promotion so 6000 miles, the ticket price is $248, so cpm is 4.1 right?

if above is wrong, help me.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Are you crediting to another program? It will credit 100% to AAdvantage for EQMs:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...s/american.jsp
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by zleijoe
thanks reply, coz that's my first planning order, i just a normal aa member(lowest level)

base on
Discount Economy Class G, Q, N, O*, S 100% .50

and the trip miles is 6000 mile. so Elite Qualifying Points is $3000,right? and right now double up promotion so 6000 miles, the ticket price is $248, so cpm is 4.1 right?

if above is wrong, help me.
Correct, the fare earns 50% EQPs, and the cpp (cents per point) is 4.1 with the double miles/double points promo.

However, it earns 100% EQMs, which is how most fares are judged here. If you buy a lot of full fare or pay for first or business class, then the EQPs earned are more important. For many looking in this forum, the EQMs are more important, and the forum has generally posted fares based on the EQMs.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:29 pm

oh. EQM, so even i am the basic member, the EQM i'll earn is 12000,right?

im also in boston, really nice to meet u here.

Correct, the fare earns 50% EQPs, and the cpp (cents per point) is 4.1 with the double miles/double points promo.

However, it earns 100% EQMs, which is how most fares are judged here. If you buy a lot of full fare or pay for first or business class, then the EQPs earned are more important. For many looking in this forum, the EQMs are more important, and the forum has generally posted fares based on the EQMs.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Correct, you would earn 12,000 EQM on this fare flying roundtrip.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:37 pm

any other good deal found about this promotion? i wanna fly a gold membership asap.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: AA Plat

Route through DFW both ways. Decided to post at least one, normally kinda decent, MR currently available out of BOS that becomes a bit stronger with the new AATHX promo: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ec-2012-a.html. I'm trying to post only 3.5 cpm and less now that the fares are generally better than during the summer.

Dates are mostly very late November up to December 14th to hit the promo dates; both Saturday and Sunday same day turns (although all day long affairs using a same plane turn at SJC) are available. No SJC-DFW redeye flight so most runs may require a night stay.
Looking at this route for my first MR. Question: will 40 min enough to catch the return flight at SJC for a same date return? When you said "same plane turn at SJC" does that mean it's going to be the same aircraft back and forth between DWF and SJC? If so, then the short period wouldn't be a problem. Not sure how to check the route of the aircraft...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shihyin
Looking at this route for my first MR. Question: will 40 min enough to catch the return flight at SJC for a same date return? When you said "same plane turn at SJC" does that mean it's going to be the same aircraft back and forth between DWF and SJC? If so, then the short period wouldn't be a problem. Not sure how to check the route of the aircraft...
AA only flies mainline to SJC from ORD and DFW, so most of the planes would fly, say, DFW-SJC, then fly right back SJC-DFW. I looked at the schedule for a couple of different days, and everything is definitely a same day turn. DFW-SJC seems to be all MD-80s, while ORD-SJC is a 738. LAX-SJC is a regional jet. You could also use a service such as Flight Aware, put in the flight number of the return flight, then see where the inbound plane comes from.

Just to note, the fare has gone up to $272 RT.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat
AA only flies mainline to SJC from ORD and DFW, so most of the planes would fly, say, DFW-SJC, then fly right back SJC-DFW. I looked at the schedule for a couple of different days, and everything is definitely a same day turn. DFW-SJC seems to be all MD-80s, while ORD-SJC is a 738. LAX-SJC is a regional jet. You could also use a service such as Flight Aware, put in the flight number of the return flight, then see where the inbound plane comes from.

The departure flight seems to be ATL-DWF-SJC
The return flight seems to be DWF-SJC-CLT

If the aircraft won't be staying in SJC overnight, looks like the same aircraft flying?

Yeah the price increased but still a decent deal with 5% off. This will make us PLT.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:05 pm

A very friendly AAgent told me over the phone that it's the same gate (Gate 9) but is a different flight number. Passengers returning to DFW will need to disembark and reboard, because the ticket only goes BOS-DFW-SJC.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
A very friendly AAgent told me over the phone that it's the same gate (Gate 9) but is a different flight number. Passengers returning to DFW will need to disembark and reboard, because the ticket only goes BOS-DFW-SJC.
Yes, that is how it will likely go. I have two same plane returns (I know it is the same plane because AA flies to destination exactly twice per day) and will be doing that.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 6:51 am

Yes, that is how it will likely go. I have two same plane returns (I know it is the same plane because AA flies to destination exactly twice per day) and will be doing that.
What days are you going? Dec. 1 and 8 for me.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
What days are you going? Dec. 1 and 8 for me.
I have a different destination with same plane turns. Couldn't make SJC work for me.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

TheBOSman is the best. Come to our next BOS "DO" and meet him and most of the rest of us, as long as we're not in the air somewhere. Everyone is welcome.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I see LGA-DFW-SJC for $271.00 RT in January.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:28 pm

sorry, what u mean next BOS "DO"?

Originally Posted by Firewind
TheBOSman is the best. Come to our next BOS "DO" and meet him and most of the rest of us, as long as we're not in the air somewhere. Everyone is welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.