Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Economy Fares 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Economy Fares 2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:39 am

Yes it is... and the price reflects that. No harm, no foul.

Poorly named for this crowd of course!

(But if we are going to hassle scoot for calling THAT "Business".. hadn't we better first harass UA,US,DL and AA for calling their domestic product FIRST class?)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:28 am

Expedia combo PE/E on JL/AA, HKG/HND/SFO RT $2,250 ai

Not sure if this qualifies as a good deal for PE, but when I did a search on Expedia for PE, HKG/SFO/HKG, came up with a combo HKG/HND/HKG on JL PE with an embedded HND/SFO/HND on AA Econ but code share with JL, so in reality all JL, RT all in price of US$2,250 for dates 6/28 and return 7/02, but $200 lower for return 7/05.

This compares to (lowest) econ RT on various other lines of $800 - $1,200, $2,600 PE on Eva with transfer in TPE, over $4,000 for all PE on JL, and $3,500 biz class on KE via ICN.

I wasn't able to separate out a 2 day delay in returning HND/HKG, but went to JL and it was no problem for them to change the final segment date from 7/03 to 7/05 for HND/HKG. This particular routing works for me becos I wanted a day's layover in Tokyo, tho I am dreading the econ flight from HND/SFO/HND, even on JL and not AA.

No other online site was able to come up with such a combo fare, and even AA and JL ticket office in HK weren't able to book this kind of itinerary at that price, so kudos to Expedia. I find that Expedia and Kayak are the only sites that have a selection of PE for class of travel. Most other sites (Orbitz, Travelocity) only have Econ, Biz, or First.

I just saw on seatguru that econ seat on JAL has only 31 inch pitch, which is one inch less than normal UA/AA econ seat pitch of 32 inches. Bad news for my econ flights HND/SFO/HND.

Last edited by tangoll; Apr 2, 2012 at 3:53 am Reason: adjusted pricing on other lines. Added seat pitch info.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:00 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
and ZERO *A status miles too.

But still good deal.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: DE,UN,StarwoodGold
VS PE LAX-LHR rt. $1647 ai, dep. 8/30 ret. 9/7. For the few days before and after, only seems to work for the 8/30 dep., however return can be any day 9/5-9/10 (some of those even a bit cheaper).
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:29 pm

Tk: Pe hkg/ist/fco rt ai us$1,256

Found and booked on expedia.com: TK PE HKG/IST/FCO RT all in US$1,256 for select days and most restricted conditions. Select flexible +/- 3 days when searching, TK as preferred airline, and PE as fare class. HKG/IST is in PE class, and IST/FCO is in econ Y fare class due to B 737 aircraft, but that is the short segment (2.5 hrs). HKG/IST fare class is A. RT mileage 11,270 miles.

PE fares to other Europe cities normally run at least $1,000 higher, ex. BKK/LHR/BKK on Eva PE is US$2,250.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tangoll
Found and booked on expedia.com: TK PE HKG/IST/FCO RT all in US$1,256 for select days and most restricted conditions. Select flexible +/- 3 days when searching, TK as preferred airline, and PE as fare class. HKG/IST is in PE class, and IST/FCO is in econ Y fare class due to B 737 aircraft, but that is the short segment (2.5 hrs). HKG/IST fare class is A. RT mileage 11,270 miles.

PE fares to other Europe cities normally run at least $1,000 higher, ex. BKK/LHR/BKK on Eva PE is US$2,250.
Worsk to Prague as well - fare basis AF1ZPX
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by trooper
...snip...
(But if we are going to hassle scoot for calling THAT "Business".. hadn't we better first harass UA,US,DL and AA for calling their domestic product FIRST class?)
Every chance I get!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
BA PE sale to Americas GIG 1046 EZE 1123

Ex london, book until apr 17, travel seems to be to end of schedule. Advertised as Latin America but good rates to US too. Doesn't seem to be available in reverse.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...penxtype=click

Last edited by carbonaddict; Apr 14, 2012 at 4:24 am
Old Apr 15, 2012, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by carbonaddict
Ex london, book until apr 17, travel seems to be to end of schedule. Advertised as Latin America but good rates to US too. Doesn't seem to be available in reverse.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...penxtype=click
From Italy its advertising EUR591 premium economy to Buenos Aires to ens June and then again September. But I think this just might be a mistake ...

http://www.britishairways.com/travel..._interaction=W
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
BA has been running sales on World Traveler Plus ex-SFO. I recently purchased an SFO-VIE itinerary in T class for $1600 r/t.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
TK PE NYC-PVG around $2200 or so round trip all in, free stopovers available in IST both ways. Is this actually a decent deal for PE though? I'm not sure but I am posting just in case.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:42 am

Very good deal!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
It's not bad, and a pretty good mileage run, though only a few months ago I got NYC-PEK/PVG for $2,800 in J with UA and others. Though TK may be more service orientated, flat bed wins for me on such a long haul.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
It's not bad, and a pretty good mileage run, though only a few months ago I got NYC-PEK/PVG for $2,800 in J with UA and others. Though TK may be more service orientated, flat bed wins for me on such a long haul.
My wife got the EWR-PVG for $2700 in J for a trip last month. We were pricing out for another trip in Oct and United now wants $12k+ for the same flight
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
I wasn't sure, but it was the first decent seeming PE deal I've personally seen so far (I generally look for economy as it is a bit easier for me to judge). Economy was actually not bad either. I figured someone might also be able to use the IST stopovers and that would make it a much more valuable fare to use. I'd rather have the $2800 J as well, but I wonder if this would give more miles? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.