Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: Bionic Program and all other
Let me double check, didn't even think of V, was to excited about A380. If its true I will take this down.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
"Most booking fares are eligible for accrual of KrisFlyer miles. However, Economy Class tickets issued in V, Q, G, N or T booking classes on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir are ineligible for mileage accrual."

http://singaporeair.com/en_UK/ppsclu...arnMiles_SQMI/

Also no credit to UA:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1193,00.html

I think a while back I looked it up across all carriers and V didn't earn anywhere on *A, in any program. I'll be happy to eat my words but that's what I recall.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: Bionic Program and all other
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
No V credit on CO, UA, US, or LH.
Thanks for pointing it out. No credit on V for ANY star airline.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
help wanted chasing phantom? BOS-BCN fare

Folks, I'm looking for a RT BOS-BCN 3/10-3/18, and over the last day and a half, Kayak occasionally shows a sub-$400 fare:

http://www.kayak.com/#flights/BOS-BC...-03-18/2adults

Invariably, that fare can't be found when continuing on to Orbitz or Cheaptickets to try to book.

For those of you who've done this more than I, am I chasing a recurring glitch or is there a way to nail down such a fare?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by GretelNick
Folks, I'm looking for a RT BOS-BCN 3/10-3/18, and over the last day and a half, Kayak occasionally shows a sub-$400 fare:

http://www.kayak.com/#flights/BOS-BC...-03-18/2adults

Invariably, that fare can't be found when continuing on to Orbitz or Cheaptickets to try to book.

For those of you who've done this more than I, am I chasing a recurring glitch or is there a way to nail down such a fare?
It's a glitch sadly I've tried every way I know to book it and gave up and emailed Kayak about it when it became clear it's a glitch.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
Rats. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:38 pm

I posted this in another thread but I'll add on it here.

BNA-BCN 699
BNA-MAD 701

both come in at 7CPM you could do some creative routing to get under 7 CPM but I don't think it's worth the hassle in plane changes and flight times.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by atrich
SEA-ATL-BCN-JFK-SEA $786.10 as well. You should probably update your title to point out this is 3cprdm. Most people here wouldn't consider 6cpmqm to be a good mileage run.
Does DL offer double miles on this route and/or others? Just wondering why 6 cp-mqm and 3 cp-rdm.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM
DL, SMF-CUN $401ai rt, January weekends
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:34 pm

TK: YYZ-BOM $922ai

TK: YYZ-BOM $922ai

Sample:
Feb 9-13 YYZ-IST-BOM-IST-YYZ $922ai (16170mi ~5.8cpm)
-confirmed @ orbitz

-VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 24DEC 11 AND ON/BEFORE 06MAY12
-2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT EUR 50.00
-TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 23DEC 11 AND ON/BEFORE 31JAN 12
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
It's a glitch sadly I've tried every way I know to book it and gave up and emailed Kayak about it when it became clear it's a glitch.
Cheers
Howie
I have found this kind of glitch on Kayak when someone searches for more than one ticket. In that case you get the one ticket price divided by the number of tickets.

If someone searches for 3 tickets and gets each for $1500, that is $4500 total, Kayak wil show $1500/3=$500
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL PM
Also SAN to MAD/BCN on DL at $737 ai (cheapest is 727) but routes out with connecting both ways via LAX and ATL at 737 for 14k-ish EQM around 5.2cpm.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Most SQ fare deals don't earn you miles and are not elegible f upg0rrades.
'Flexi Saver' earns you miles, but no upgrades allowed
'Flexi' earns you miles plus you can upgrade
Sweet Deals don't earn miles and cannot be upgraded.

And pretty soon, Scoot flights, when they commence ops, will not give you any SQ Krisflyer miles too, unlike Silk Air which earns you SQ Krisflyer but no Star Alliance miles.

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Jan 23, 2012 at 2:34 am Reason: typos
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
It's still a good fare, so simply have it moved to the big "Good deals in economy" thread.

SQ really is the prima donna of *A.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
It's still a good fare, so simply have it moved to the big "Good deals in economy" thread.

SQ really is the prima donna of *A.
They want premium pax, and consider coach peeps to be near-stowaways. Well, whatever. Unless flying C or F, I don't really see how SQ would be that different... I'll take another carrier, and the miles, thank you.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by notsosmart
They want premium pax, and consider coach peeps to be near-stowaways. Well, whatever. Unless flying C or F, I don't really see how SQ would be that different... I'll take another carrier, and the miles, thank you.
Coach pax are on SQ because they can't sell THAT many premium seats, and they can only carry so much cargo . I said they are prima donnas for giving no mileage credit to many of their lowest fares across *A. There's a reason I fly OW (yes I know CX cattle class doesn't give credit on AAdvantage either).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.