Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skunker
You might be able to route through DPS on the way, but asking if it will work at another airport, in another country, almost 1700 miles away is a little crazy.

SQ does not have a fare filed for DPS-YVR.
sorry, i am just not familiar how all of this works. how do i go about doing it the other way? is that possible? yvr - sfo - hkg - mnl?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by izzik
the SQ fare ex-MNL has been around for a long time.
are there any other similar deals from other asian cities?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ekartash
skunker already said SQ did not file a fare for DPS-YVR

and countless posters have said this is ex-MNL

If it was available ex-other asian countries, I am sure we would already know it by now
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Great, another long time known fare is about to die. Fare has been around for many years guys, nothing new about it.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ps9a
.....before the throwaway SFO-YVR (for me anyway) for $1334.20.

This fare will be gone by Valentine's Day.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
before the throwaway SFO-YVR (for me anyway) for $1334.20.
There we go....
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by ekartash
Probably. I recommend a subscription to expertflyer.com to help find them. There are certain Asian "hot spots" that are known to have low fares. MNL is one of them, DPS is not.

In case you haven't noticed, some fares are unfortunately too good to let out of the bag. But, they're out there.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Great, another long time known fare is about to die. Fare has been around for many years guys, nothing new about it.
Originally Posted by TerryK

Originally Posted by skunker

In case you haven't noticed, some fares are unfortunately too good to let out of the bag. But, they're out there.
Originally Posted by heramato
There we go....

Yea, here we go. . Again, to the OP who posted this, why can't we just either post it and let it sink into the pages or not post it all? All this discussion draws more attention then anything.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:31 pm

Oh no, someone shares an airfare. Boo hoo. Get over it. You can't control what other people do, so don't bother trying.

To stop the incessant PMs which I never respond to, here is how to get the $1168 price from Expedia. Mult-city. Seg1 Day1 MNL-HKG, Seg2 Day1 HKG-SFO, Seg3 Day2 SFO-YVR. Seg1 is easily skipable on the HK Express rinky-dink airline. Just be sure to fly into HKG same-day and pick-up segment2 boarding pass at the transit desk. Who wants to go to MNL? Yuck.

Code:
Total price for this trip: $1,168.80  

Traveling to Hong Kong 
   Wed 9-Feb-11  

Manila (MNL)
Depart 8:00 am 
Terminal INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL 1   to   Hong Kong (HKG)
Arrive 10:05 am 
Terminal 1  699 mi
(1,125 km) 
Duration: 2hr 5mn    
 UO 
Flight: 714  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2Business Class , Boeing 737-800  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total distance: 699 mi (1,125 km)
 Total duration: 2hr 5mn  

Traveling to San Francisco 
   Wed 9-Feb-11  

Hong Kong (HKG)
Depart 10:45 pm 
Terminal 1   to   San Francisco (SFO)
Arrive 6:45 pm 
Terminal INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL  6,914 mi
(11,127 km) 
Duration: 12hr 0mn    
 SQ 
Flight: 2  

2Business Class , 77W  

Total distance: 6,914 mi (11,127 km)
 Total duration: 12hr 0mn  

Traveling to Vancouver 
   Thu 10-Feb-11  

San Francisco (SFO)
Depart 6:30 pm 
Terminal 3   to   Vancouver (YVR)
Arrive 8:42 pm 
Terminal MAIN TERMINAL  800 mi
(1,287 km) 
Duration: 2hr 12mn    
 NZ 
Flight: 4718 
Operated by: AIR CANADA  

2Business Class , E90  

Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, National EE
Mar 15 on Expedia. Includes PR310, SQ2, and an overnight in SF, before the throwaway SFO-YVR (for me anyway) for $1334.20.
Have you ever thought of long term usage of the fare by not throwing away the last segment rather than just for your short term benefits. Think of long term prospects rather than short term benefits.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by zander86
Have you ever thought of long term usage of the fare by not throwing away the last segment rather than just for your short term benefits. Think of long term prospects rather than short term benefits.
No. I reject the premise that one person using fewer flights than he purchases is immoral in any way or jeopardizes my ability to fly premium cheaply in the future. If SQ wants to capture the J market between MNL-YVR without cannibalizing the HKG-SFO market, then SQ can fly MNL-YVR direct.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:36 pm
VWE

Programs: SPG.plat Hyatt.Diamond. Delta.DM MillionMiler : UA 1P
Yup. I've thought about about this.
its the difference between a few people enjoying it, and many people enjoying it.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK

Originally Posted by heramato
There we go....
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Yea, here we go. . Again, to the OP who posted this, why can't we just either post it and let it sink into the pages or not post it all? All this discussion draws more attention then anything.
Originally Posted by VWE
Yup. I've thought about about this.
its the difference between a few people enjoying it, and many people enjoying it.

So based on the responses above, why hasn't the Trick it thread been shut down? How many throw aways were there in that thread?

Are you going to post in that thread to tell them not to give away any more tricks? We already know some tricks no longer work, so why not stop them too?

Go on, I implore you to shut down that thread, besides, really, isn't this thread supposed to be about good premium fare deals?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by indo79
So based on the responses above, why hasn't the Trick it thread been shut down? How many throw aways were there in that thread?

Are you going to post in that thread to tell them not to give away any more tricks? We already know some tricks no longer work, so why not stop them too?

Go on, I implore you to shut down that thread, besides, really, isn't this thread supposed to be about good premium fare deals?
The point of the trick it thread is to keep it semi-secret. Once the cat was out of the bag (thanks to AWFD) several tricks were shut down by the affected airlines.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 4:26 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Colin
Seg1 is easily skipable
Really? I thought that skipping the first segment of a trip always resulted in the cancellation of the remainder of the trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.