Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EC: Business Class NYC/WAS-PAR $980+ RT Summer Sale

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Arrow EC: Business Class NYC/WAS-PAR $980+ RT Summer Sale

OpenSkies has launched a summer sale fare in Biz Seat between NYC or Washington and Paris of $980 base RT -- approximately $1400 RT all-inclusive. These special fares are available for travel now through 10SEP10, and are on sale through 24JUL10.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
I quote my previous response to a VERY similar thread you opened a while back:

Originally Posted by imagineertobe
So now you've opened a third thread about openskies promos in the last month:

These aren't exactly MRs and should likely be posted somewhere else (maybe BAEC or the Other European FFPs fora). We'll see what the mods say.

Finally, it should be noted that these two promotions can only be used ex-IAD.
Similarly, this promo is only valid ex-US. N.B.: the T&C don't list flight date requirements, so this is ostensibly valid until EoS.

Peace.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Personally, I'm appreciative of the OP flagging this. Difference here is that it's available from NYC, which is great for me. And I wouldn't have caught this otherwise. A $1400 biz (even though it's the "seat") fare across the Pond over the summer, booked in the summer, is great. If it's a debate over *where* this belongs... well, before I get OT, I'll just say thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
Originally Posted by NYCtennis
Personally, I'm appreciative of the OP flagging this. Difference here is that it's available from NYC, which is great for me. And I wouldn't have caught this otherwise. A $1400 biz (even though it's the "seat") fare across the Pond over the summer, booked in the summer, is great. If it's a debate over *where* this belongs... well, before I get OT, I'll just say thanks!
I agree that these fares have a place on FlyerTalk, but the mods have consistently moved such fare alerts to a consolidated Good Business Deals thread as these don't constitute mileage running.

Perhaps there is a place for another (sub)forum on the site that would be dedicated to such announcements, though I am not in the place to make that happen.

Peace.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:57 pm

PLEASE, no more "sub-forums". Either leave it here or (preferred) move it to the Best Premium Fares thread but NOT to another sub-category.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Edited: I thought I saw DL matching this, but I now can't reproduce what I thought I had found.

If it were to be matched, I wonder could this be paired up with the RDU/STL/PIT/BNA promos for 50K bonus SkyMiles and double MQMs?

I also find subforums to be annoying. I'd prefer to see subtopics identified by thread title. For example, this thread could be titled something like this...
BIZ Low: $980+ RT NYC/WAS-PAR Summer Sale

Just stuffing them all immediately into a single thread doesn't do much good for a lot of FTers, IMO.

Last edited by sc flier; Jun 24, 2010 at 4:27 pm Reason: Cannot reproduce match by DL
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: * A
anyone else think UA\CO could match this?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Can you collect miles in any program on this?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jan_az
Can you collect miles in any program on this?
https://www.flyopenskies.com/ba_executive_club/en_us
Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

I didn't post this fare in the Premium Good Deals thread because, at 700+ posts, I find that thread unwieldy and not particularly helpful when browsing for offers I might be interested in.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
I didn't post this fare in the Premium Good Deals thread because, at 700+ posts, I find that thread unwieldy and not particularly helpful when browsing for offers I might be interested in.
Reminds me of how some people on FW (FatWallet) post FREE offers in the Hot Deals forum because nobody reads the Free Stuff forum!

You might be right about the Premium Good Deals thread, but IMHO that's where this belongs. Just because that thread's unwieldy is not a good reason to post non-MR fares in the MR forum. At least if you post it here, give us the CPM calculation!
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Thanks vm for posting this. Appreciated. ^
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
That premium thread is a pain. No one wants to have to keep going there. I vote for either here or create a sub-forum.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I disagree

Originally Posted by vatraveler
That premium thread is a pain. No one wants to have to keep going there. I vote for either here or create a sub-forum.
This thread belongs in the premium fares thread. I don't know why it should be a separate thread; it's no different from any of the other premium fares that have been posted.

The key with the premium thread is to just read the most recent ones. You dont have to wade trough 700 posts. Nearly all the old ones are expired. The other thing you can do is "subscribe" to that thread. Then, any premium fare that anybody posts will send an alert to you. You can see those fares immediately.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Another vote for just keeping this fare (and similar ones) here . That 700+ post thread is a major pain - makes it very easy to overlook good fares .

Originally Posted by vatraveler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.