Search

Rhapsody Restaurant - adjacent to Chicago Symphony Center

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 4:28 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Rhapsody Restaurant - adjacent to Chicago Symphony Center

Rhapsody is located a couple doors away from Michigan Avenue at 65 East Adams and is adjacent to the Chicago Symphony Center. It is also steps away from the Art Institute which is why it drew us to it recently, as we had plans to tour the new wing at the Art Institute.

There is a small outdoor seating area but seeing as the area is adjacent to Wabash and the El, it can be quite noisy.

We dined on the following starters:

Sliced Sturgeon marinated in a sweet soy sauce
Crab Cake

Both were good but didn't pop.

Entrees:

Cedar Planked Lake Trout - buttered white asparagus with togarashi and vanilla glaze

Roasted Michigan Duck Breast - house-poached bing cherries, lambs lettuce, salsify

Both entrees were fantastic.:-::-::-: It isn't often that one sees lake trout on a menu so I was pleased to see it and have it for my entree.

For our dessert we chose the 3 flight Artisan Cheese Tasting. All were wonderful.

So to sum up, I'm not sure why the starters were so blah yet the entrees terrific but that is the way this meal went.

We go to more theater than performances at the Chicago Symphony Center but if we do, this will be a restaurant we try again.

Edited to add:
They have some specials:
Saturdays: any starter, entree & dessert for $25 (5-7pm)
Tuesdays: 1/2 price bottles of wine night

Rhapsody
Details: www.rhapsodychicago.com
312-786-9911
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
I ate at Symphony when I was in town in February. Even better than the food was their ability to keep up good service for our group of 18 (we were in a private room; highly recommended if you need such a space in the Loop). ^

What I will forever remember, though, is that our funder arranged the whole shebang and then made us pick up the tab.

Edited to add: 800th post!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.