Wiki Posts
Search

Food @ MSP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2007, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
Food @ MSP

Flying Icelandair next month into MSP & returning in October.
Icelandair do not have lounge access @ MSP & am told that you get $15 voucher to use instead. As there seems to be a very little selection of food outlets @ the Humphrey Terminal, I was wondering if passengers are allowed to go & get food @ the Lindbergh Terminal once they've checked in?

By the time we depart in October the train system should be in operation between the terminals so it should speed things up.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 6:55 am

Tanya934, be advised that the Humphrey Terminal and the Lindbergh Terminal are connected via underground light rail, but it is all outside of security and you will likely not be able to access the "secured" part of the Lindbergh Terminal where the food options exist since you are not flying an airline that uses the Lindbergh Terminal.

(I should take that back: there is a Starbuck's in the baggage claim area of the Lindbergh Terminal that you can access without a boarding pass, but that's hardly a "food option". )

Within the Humphrey Terminal, you are right there seems to be very few options. There is a full-service restaurant called Fletcher's Wharf and Caribou/Dunn Bros. coffee outlets, but that's about it. Keep in mind that most people are not using the Humphrey Terminal for connecting traffic, while many people use the Lindbergh Terminal (when flying Northwest Airlines) as a hub and connection point, thus there are more dining options.

Depending on how much time you have to seek out food options, there are some possibilities outside of the airport property, but your $15 voucher probably wouldn't have any value. PM me if you'd like more info.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 7:30 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
I have not been to the MSP airport in a couple of weeks .. but the Humphrey Terminal Station on the Light Rail has been closed for some time (9+ months) due to construction. http://www.mspairport.com/msp/Ground...ight_Rail.aspx says the location is due to re-open autum 2007.

There is a sign in the underground transportation mall area that you have to take a shuttle bus from one terminal to the other.

There also appear to be a few more places per http://www.mspairport.com/msp/shops/northstar.aspx and click on Humphrey.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:28 am

Programs: DL, Starwood, SWA, United. RIP NWA.
Light rail at the airport is expected to reopen early Sept. 8.

http://www.mspairport.com/msp/appdoc...rt_reopen.html
Old Sep 2, 2007, 5:16 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Was just thru there this morning . and the sign is still up.

But as Businesss as usual mentioned, the web site indicated Sept 8th is the 're-opening'.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:31 am

The light rail between the two terminals is currently up and running, just in case anyone was confused.

It's still rather difficult to get between the two terminals' secure areas as none of the airlines have gates at both, so you'd need some other way to get access to the other terminal.

Honestly, your best bet for quick food is to grab a cab to take you to somewhere close by, pick something up, and head back to the airport. Fat Lorenzo's on the north edge of the airport would be my recommendation, although it's not necessarily for the weak of heart. It's been recently voted "Best Place to Eat Before Your Angioplasty".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.