Wiki Posts
Search

Hangin' Around ORD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT and climbing
Hangin' Around ORD

With the ORD promos running now, I'm thinking many of us will be spending time in the airport. Some may be sleeping there, or drinking there, or looking for someone to chat with, etc...

I'll be in and out of ORD several times this weekend, as long as the weather cooperates.

Why not start up a thread here so we can all figure out who will be at O'Hare when we are? I'd love to grab a beer at the Hilton tomm night with anyone who is there after 9 PM.

Also, any tips on good airport info, like places to crash, free internet, and so on.

I have read www.sleepinginairports.net but there's nowhere near the presence there as here and most posts are a year or older...

Hope to see some of you shortly.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
not an MR
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Yeah, but it's MR-related... I think people who might be stuck at ORD could definately benefit from this thread.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Hangin

I will be through there around 3:00pm tomorrow (weather permitting) from MKE enroute to TPA. Looking for a bump, so could be anywhere from a quick dash to a slumber party once I hit ORD.

My experiences for peace and quiet are at the end on the NWA concourse as they wrap up shop fairly early and no miscons. They may have moved the Cutlas; but, that was another good spot to hang out with a window view. Internet access kiosk at the concourse entrances just past security.

Been a while since I had to crash there; but, do recall that anywhere between the terminals is a sure shot to be quieter than on the councourses.

Last edited by mjcasta; Nov 30, 2006 at 10:35 pm
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by mlbcard
Yeah, but it's MR-related... I think people who might be stuck at ORD could definately benefit from this thread.
What if you are a FTer, stuck in ORD, not on an MR?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:42 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
I think we might be able to get a bit more interest in this thread in the Chicago forum.

-VPescado
MR forum moderator
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Another place to look would be your specific airline forum. AA and UA, for instance, have threads about the weather, and you could likely catch up with flyers in your terminal in those threads.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VPescado
I think we might be able to get a bit more interest in this thread in the Chicago forum.

Sorry, wasn't sure with so many MRs going through ORD right now.

I'll be getting in tomorrow night around 9 PM, if weather allows. There overnight and flying out at 6 AM. Will prob hang at the airport or Hilton bar, unless someone's willing to veture into town for a while. Wouldn't mind getting some pizza and hitting a bar. May be meeting a Chicago based friend depending on schedule.

Post here if you're gonna be around.

Will be back the next night, but with the lady. Scored the Hyatt for 41 bucks on Priceline for that night, and we'll def be out and about downtown.

Searched but can't find free wireless anywhere and I have no AC access. Any help there?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by LotzOStuff
Searched but can't find free wireless anywhere and I have no AC access. Any help there?
No - there is no free Internet access anywhere within T3.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626752

Mike
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Unless you read www.sleepinginairports.com review for ORD. Then you might figure out how to post to Flyer Talk for fre like I am...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.