Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
Derailment and Fire on Blue Line

It will probably affect ORD commuting.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/9501094/detail.html

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...192183214.html
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
I asked before, and now it seems more timely--what happened to the installation of cellular service in the subway portions of the CTA? While I would not like another loud cell yapper underground, it seems as if this emergency illustrates the need. Every other subway system I have been on (BART, DC, Montreal...) have it.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:24 pm

I heard last week that the CTA only had US Cellular buy-in to spending a few $$MM to fund or license the cell equipment in the tunnels. None of the other providers have decided to invest yet according to local news. Not sure of timing on this either.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
It will be interesting to see the cause, they have been driving the trains like maniacs lately
Old Jul 17, 2006, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by singal3
It will be interesting to see the cause, they have been driving the trains like maniacs lately
Paper said yesterday the rails were too wide at the derailment location.

I took the train from ORD to Irving Park that night coming back from CVG and it was fine. Obviously would have been different had I been thinking of going to he office rather than the house.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.