Wiki Posts
Search

any hope in cleveland?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
any hope in cleveland?

I have to stay in downtown (!) cleveland aug. 6-11. The best deal I could find is the holiday inn (ca. $100 a night), but it got very bad reviews on some sites. Can anybody recommend another cheap place or doesn't think the HI is that bad?
Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There may be hope in CLE - however, there's no hope for this thread in this forum. Please read - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/annou...uncementid=136. I'm going to move this to the Midwest forum & if you're interested in the Holiday Inn, please search for reviews in the Priority Club/Intercontinental forum or post a thread there.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Jul 4, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Two words. Priceline.

Oh. I guess it's only one word. Got to biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com to see what's available.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 8:56 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Why do you HAVE to stay downtown?

If it is not an absolute requirement, look at various hotels in Middleburg Heights. There is a train stop nearbyin Brook Park with free parking. You can then take the train to the Terminal Tower station in the dead center of downtown for about $1.25.

Plus, except for some high end restaurants, downtown cleveland is pretty quiet at night.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JHattery
Why do you HAVE to stay downtown?
I know it would be better not to be in DT, but I have very early meetings every morning - and I am not a morning person! So, getting some more sleep is... priceless. But thanks for the tip.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:51 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Think outside the box:
http://www.brownstoneinndowntown.com/index.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.