Search

Taking the L from O'Hare?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2006, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Taking the L from O'Hare?

Hi There,

Next week I'm flying to Chicago. I'm staying at the Embassy Suites @ 511 North Columbus Drive.

I'm arriving at O'Hare on United. Is getting to this hotel on the "L" a do-able proposition? If so, could someone explain the routing? How much is the fare?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada
Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:18 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gglave
Next week I'm flying to Chicago. I'm staying at the Embassy Suites @ 511 North Columbus Drive.

I'm arriving at O'Hare on United. Is getting to this hotel on the "L" a do-able proposition? If so, could someone explain the routing? How much is the fare?
yes,

From this thread “What’s the best way to get from O’Hare to Downtown Chicago” http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534847

http://www.transitchicago.com
CTA home page has train (the L) and bus schedules, system maps, service updates and travel planners.

$2 on the Blue Line from ORD to the Loop(downtown), don't have to worry about traffic. Once get downtown, get off at Clark/Lake stop and cab it (or walk if carrying light luggage) to your hotel.

--

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jul 4, 2006 at 10:32 am
Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd take the train to Clark/Lake and then grab a cab.

On second thought, I'd just take a cab.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Definitely skip the cab and tak the blue line to clark and lake. You should be about half a mile from the hotel there. If you take a taxi you can count on it taking the same amount of time as the El in the afternoon or morning and it will cost you about $40 instead of $2.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
I might consider the time of day before deciding. I ride the Blue Line to ORD all the time, but unless I am between rush hours, I cab it. Also a late night transfer, or even the ride itself, might be a bit much at late hours. Depends on the OPs comfort level. I rode it from Printer's Row to Cumberland for 3 years without more than a drunk or two, but I still would not suggest an out of towner take the EL unless I knew when he/she was getting in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.