Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Wedding night hotel/B&B near Indianapolis?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2006, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA 2P, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond

I'm hoping that a wise Midwestern Flyertalker can help with this request:

My friend is getting married in Indianpolis in August and has asked me to help find a place to spend his wedding night. The ideal place would meet the following criteria:

1) Someplace small and unique. More like a bed and breakfast than a hotel.
2) Someplace pretty and quiet.
3) Somewhere between Indianapolis and Gnaw Bone, IN (the honeymoon site which I gather is close to Bloomington).

Unfortunately, I've only been to Indianapolis once in my life, and the Adams Mark I stayed at didn't exactly get my romantic juices flowing. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old Mar 11, 2006, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
It's a hotel, not a B&B, but one of the penthouse suites at the Canterbury Hotel might fit the bill:

http://www.canterburyhotel.com

Disclosure: You probably won't find mention of this on the hotel's website, but this hotel was the site of boxer Mike Tyson's tete-a-tete with beauty pageant contestant Desiree Washington a number of years ago.....,
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:12 pm

Wedding night hotel/B&B near Indianapolis? Brown County, IN

Hi,
A friend of mine recently told me that her sister and brother-in-law have a B& B in Nashville, IN (Brown County), which is a hop skip and a jump from Gnaw Bone. I haven't stayed there yet but it looks very inviting.
www.twinoakslodge.com The accommodations look lovely, but I note the word "rustic" on the web page, which would cause me to ask if the rooms are air conditioned. Nashville in August is not a pretty thing without A/C. If your friend and his bride do stay at Twin Oaks, please let me know. I'll be curious to hear their feedback. Best wishes to the spouses-to-be!
Mary H., Indianapolis, IN
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
It's a hotel, not a B&B, but one of the penthouse suites at the Canterbury Hotel might fit the bill:

http://www.canterburyhotel.com

Disclosure: You probably won't find mention of this on the hotel's website, but this hotel was the site of boxer Mike Tyson's tete-a-tete with beauty pageant contestant Desiree Washington a number of years ago.....,
That's exactly the recommendation I would have made. The Canterbury is a hotel rather than B&B, but lovely, very boutique and the staff definitely pays attention to detail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.