Wiki Posts
Search

Fish and Chips

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:42 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by touringuy
Are you referring to Goose Island Shrimp House or Goose Island Brewery?

Goose Island Brewery certainly does still offer a Friday Fish and Chips special, I stuffed myself last Friday at the Clybourn Avenue location. I would assume the Clark Street location also still offers this special, since the menus at both locations are identical.
Goose Island Brewery. I'm pissed as I had enjoyed an all you can eat meal at Goose Island Brewery awhile back, so I called them (Clybourn) before I posted to ask if they still offered the all you can eat fish fry. "no we don't" was the answer that I received from the hostess, f*#kin ditz!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Goose Island Shrimp House is pretty darn good for the shrimp. The fish bites etc were bleh!

Can anyone confirm having gone to Goose Island Brewery recently whether or not it is all you can eat? And whether or not it is Cod?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by chichow

Can anyone confirm having gone to Goose Island Brewery recently whether or not it is all you can eat? And whether or not it is Cod?
Yes, I can confirm they still have the all you can eat fish and chips on Friday, I just went last Friday, January 6th to the Clybourn location. I did arrive near the point in the night when they switch from the regular menu to the simpler bar menu, but I managed to order seconds in time before the switch.

And yes, it is cod, just like it should be!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 1:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Gold, UCLA Alum ('96)
Duke of Perth is awesome. Great fish and chips, awesome Scottish beers on tap, peas - just like the old country. Good stuff. Maybe we should have an event there one of these days...
Old Jul 17, 2006, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Ok. Its the summer time. Anyone wanna go to the Goose fish fry?
Old Jul 17, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
May want to give Miller's Pub (Loop-Wabash near Adams) a try for some decent fish & chips at lunch time.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by chichow
Ok. Its the summer time. Anyone wanna go to the Goose fish fry?

are you even in town? if so, I am game
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:36 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by indo79
are you even in town? if so, I am game
my thoughts as well, chichow = mr he's here, now he is not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.