Search

King's Table - Rockford, IL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2003, 5:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
King's Table - Rockford, IL

Was cruising back to I-90 to take home from western Rockford, I usually take secondary streets to get lost on, instead of just taking 20 all the way around, I’ve bumped into some good finds IMO.

Spotted an Indian Bakery in a strip mall this time, pulled into the strip mall and went inside. Was sorely disappointed to find only a grocery store w/Indian goods in it and no baked goods. A good selection, but they only stock 3-10 of each item which to me is a sign that they are not sure they are going to make it. If one needs Indian food groceries in Rockford, this place looks like it fit the bill. Sorry I don’t have a name, but it is in the same strip mall as King’s Table.

So I was disappointed w/the Indian Bakery, but pulled down the length of the mall just to make sure I was not missing anything else, not much there but as I was doing my u-turn in the parking lot, I spied King’s Table Café sitting by itself in one corner. Perfect I thought.

King’s Table is good food that is healthy. The two are not mutually exclusive and King’s Table does serve some hearty not so good for you stuff as well (my sandwich is an example).

Grilled Protobello Hoagies, falafel sandwiches, grilled salmon salad, grilled tuna steak sandwich, are just some examples of what one can get at King’s Table. Most sandwiches/entrees are around $5.

I had the special which was: Medium Rare Roast beef on French Bread w/BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, bacon, tomato. This sandwich was incredible! The bacon was crisp as could be, not the typical wimpy/limpy stuff I’ve seen at deli’s. Beef was tender and yes, actually had some color to it, not a gray mass. BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Ray’s which while sweet, is still very good IMO.

They also do catering.

King’s Table Café
4133 Charles Street
Rockford, IL
Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-2pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.