Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

best chicken bahn mi (vietnamese Sand in Mpls)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2003, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Just had one today but I can't remember the address so I will describe where it is. Just a little hole in the wall with 2-3 tables w/bar stools.

On Nicollet Avenue about 2-3 blocks south of Franklin. Heading south on Nicollet, it is on the right side. Turn right into the parking lot just after Jasmine Deli. This place shares the lot with Jasmine and other businesses in a kind of Asian mini mall. It's in the back and there's a back entrance door right off the parking lot.

I have only had their chix bahn mi but it is better than any I've had in the Twin Cities (including chix ones I've managed to find on University in St. Paul). It's a little more expensive at $3/sandwich. My only complaint is now everyone knows of this place and it's crowded when I go there.

They also have many flavors of bubble tea but they were out of pearls today and forgot to put jalopeno on my sandwich.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 7:19 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cecelia:
Just had one today but I can't remember the address....</font>
perhaps the name of the restaurant?

I love Banh Mi sandwiches!!
Old Sep 18, 2003, 8:55 am
Original Poster

I was just there yesterday and got a menu. It's called Saigon Express at 2538 Nicollet Ave. South #5, 612-870-7979.

They have a variety of sales with shrimp, meatballs, eggrolls, pork, etc, for $5 and $6. The banh mi are $2 and $3 and for some reason the last two times they have left off the jalopeno. I tried to explain that I like the jalopeno so I think it's a language problem.

They also have bubble teas and the thai one is the best I've had so far. I had a black tea one yesterday that I didn't care for.

Haven't tried durian but one little girl thought it was the best and never gets anything else.

They also have papaya salad with beef jerky for $5 and I will try that next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.