Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Harvest Moon Café, Woodstock, IL (far NW suburb of Chicago)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2002, 5:34 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

I was going to place Harvest Moon Café in the Chicago section, until we had to drive almost an hour from Des Plaines on Route 14 to get there. In all fairness to the time, we did leave at 4:45 pm in rush hour and at the time we drove Rt. 14 is under quite a bit of construction.

HMC is in the historic Woodstock town square. Address: 113 South Benton St,
Phone: 815.334.9166

Chef Rob Macey used to chef at Le Titi de Paris restaurant.

I had a wonderful mix of sautéed mushrooms in a sherry cream sauce served with toast points. Excellent, mushrooms were cooked perfect.

Wife had the crab cakes. VERY disappointing. The quality of this dish for a restaurant such as HMC was not complimentary.

We split a spinach salad with Yukon gold potatoes and andouille sausage, served with a bacon dressing. Very good.

Wife had the grilled prime rib eye w/blue cheese crust, onion-lager glace and mashed potatoes. Another Very good entrée.

I had the Pork chop grilled, served w/an onion chutney and cabernet reduction. Some grilled asparagus and a ratatouille came with the meal as well. Excellent entrée.

Next time I will take the Metra train as the Woodstock town square is only 2 blocks from the Woodstock train station, an easy walk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.