Wiki Posts
Search

Yu's Mandarin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2003, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Yu's Mandarin

I lack a car now so I rarely visit this place anymore but here is a review.

Located on Golf Road and Roselle in Schaumburg, this Korean/Chinese restaurant is one of my favorite places to get good chinese food if I am too lazy to drive down to Chinatown on a weekend.

Be prepared to come early on weekend nights or wait. The place is often crowded with both Americans and Asians alike. This place certainly caters to both tastes. The menu is divided into 3 sections. An americanized menu, korean section and the last page a chinese menu with only chinese characters, not a single English word to be found.

Because I always go for the chinese food, that is what I can offer. C-12 on the last page is basically Eight Treasure Tofu - a claypot dish consisting of Tofu, Chicken, Roast Pork, Shrimp, Fishball, Scallops, Mushrooms and Vegetables. This dish goes for $14.95 and is well worth the money, considering 2 big male guys cannot finish this.

I have also tried the Fatty Pork with Sea Cucumber. Delicious but very pricey $24.95. I forgot the number and sometimes also order Yu's Chicken Wing. Spicy garlic and soy sauce make this chicken wing a good dish.

I have gone to this restaurant countless times when I lived in Schaumburg and have enjoyed myself everytime.

Old Feb 19, 2003, 8:30 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by indo79:
Located on Golf Road and Roselle in Schaumburg
</font>
Large intersection, is the place you mention on the NE Corner (near the Walgreens and Asian Grocery store)?
Old Feb 19, 2003, 10:43 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Large intersection, is the place you mention on the NE Corner (near the Walgreens and Asian Grocery store)?</font>
sorry for the lack of information. When heading towards Roselle Road on Golf, you will pass by a Carmax on your right and right after carmax, you can turn right and the restaurant will be there. I also think there is a United Airlines CTO in the same complex

Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by indo79:
.....I also think there is a United Airlines CTO in the same complex</font>
FYI for anyone, there are no more UA CTO's.

This would be the the strip mall(what else in Schaumburg! ) on the North side of Golf Road that has a freestanding Lonestar or Outback steakhouse in it.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:21 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
FYI for anyone, there are no more UA CTO's.

This would be the the strip mall(what else in Schaumburg! ) on the North side of Golf Road that has a freestanding Lonestar or Outback steakhouse in it.
</font>
Confirming the Outback steakhouse

Old Feb 20, 2003, 9:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Yu's Mandarin uses MSG. Tell them to omit it in your dishes if that is what you want.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 1:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by francophile:
Yu's Mandarin uses MSG. Tell them to omit it in your dishes if that is what you want.</font>
Francophile,

It does not bother me, but my parents are sensitive to MSG. Is this normally listed on a menu or are you asking if MSG is used?
Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Francophile,

It does not bother me, but my parents are sensitive to MSG. Is this normally listed on a menu or are you asking if MSG is used?
</font>
I'm positive they use MSG. One time when I went there I forgot to ask them to leave out the MSG. The meal tasted delicious! However, an hour or two after I got home, I endured a dull headache.

For some Chinese people, a dish just wouldn't be complete with that "extra kick." There was an article in the New York Times a year back about how restaurants in Beijing wouldn't even leaving out the MSG. Their customers demand it!

Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:00 am

have had a few lunches here now.

Mongolian Beef - good, nothing special

Xiao-Ping Pork - nice good pork flavor, spicy, increase the heat if you wish, they are glad to accomodate.

Mu shu Pork - OUTSTANDING. Best I've had in a LONG time.

To clarify on the location, it is 1/4 east of the intersection of Golf & Roselle, north side of street.

Yu's Mandarin
200 E. Golf Road
Schaumburg,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.