Bangkok Inn - near NW side

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2003, 1:54 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bangkok Inn - near NW side

Bangkok Inn – near NW side

Stopped by last night for dinner on our way out of Chicago, my wife and I had not dined Thai in awhile so we both were really looking forward to our spontaneous stop here.

Had two appetizers: The Inn’s Spring Roll and ?

The Spring Roll were actually two, and they were big. Consisting of large fresh shrimp, mint, cilantro, vermicelli noodles and bean sprouts wrapped tight in soft rice paper. Served w/sweet sour chili sauce. We devoured these they were very fresh and good.

The ? was ground chicken, diced water chesnuts and some spices, wrapped in rice paper then fried. The rice paper was a very thin, slightly greasy wrapper that we preferred to the usual thick wonton or eggroll. These were tasty as well, but the nod definitely goes to the spring rolls.

Wife had Pad Woonsen, glass noodles, mushrooms, chicken, onion/scallion. A very good dish, but then we are both partial to glass noodles.

I had the Inn’s beef salad. Grilled pieces of beef w/tomato and cucumber slices, mixed w/chilies, spices and lime juice. Loved this dish, I had asked them to increase the heat and they did.

All in all we quite enjoyed our meal.

Bangkok Inn
2566 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.