Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Minneapolis - Renaissance The Depot vs Rand Tower?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Because of some deals going on, these two are the exact same price once I include parking. As a Bonvoy Titanium for a one night stay which would is recommended? If there is a Hilton or IHG that is the recommended choice, I'm open to other ideas, but with parking these seem to be the best deals.

Or, is there nothing to see/do in Minneapolis and I may as well stay somewhere out of town that has no parking charge in the first place and save about 30 bucks or so?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Because of some deals going on, these two are the exact same price once I include parking. As a Bonvoy Titanium for a one night stay which would is recommended? If there is a Hilton or IHG that is the recommended choice, I'm open to other ideas, but with parking these seem to be the best deals.

Or, is there nothing to see/do in Minneapolis and I may as well stay somewhere out of town that has no parking charge in the first place and save about 30 bucks or so?
Have stayed at the Ren several times (though not recently.) I’d pick Rand as closer to light rail and the heart of downtown. Apart from the riverside trails and parks, the Ren is just a few blocks further removed from the center of town.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

I ended up at the Ren The Depot and it was fine. I had a car, so light rail mattered not to me. They upgraded me to their best suite type from a base level room and gave me $10 F&B credit, drink vouchers, and free breakfast. The breakfast was a bit odd - prepared by someone who was doing a good job but then put into chafing dishes that couldn't have been hotter than 100F and there was only 1 visible employee, tasked with both seating people and pouring any drinks (not even water or juice at the buffet itself).
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mizzou65201
Have stayed at the Ren several times (though not recently.) I’d pick Rand as closer to light rail and the heart of downtown. Apart from the riverside trails and parks, the Ren is just a few blocks further removed from the center of town.
The Ren is also close to the Mill City Museum, unique and interesting. It has a farmer's market on Saturday mornings (most of the year).

You can also walk to the locks; at least preCOVID-19, there was a tiny museum about the locks with good views.

Another thing walkable from the Ren is the Guthrie Theater. If the lobby box office is open, you can enter the building and go up to the cantilevered balcony overlooking the river. The Guthrie has several F&B outlets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.