Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Whats the rental car experience like at ORD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

I have to be in Kalamazoo, MI, and am flying in from San Francisco. Its MUCH CHEAPER to fly to Chicago and it would be non-stop, vs having to connect to go to AZO, DTW, or GRR. That being said, its about a 2.5 hour drive vs a 90 minute one from Detroit.

So what the rental car experience like at ORD, with no checked bags? How long from the gate to the rental car center? One bus/train? Or individual shuttles. (IIRC last time I was at DTW it was 1 shuttle per rental company and it took forever).

PS, If I do this, it will be after 9pm local time so traffic is much less of an issue. Just jump on 94 and send it.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 6:21 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
I have to be in Kalamazoo, MI, and am flying in from San Francisco. Its MUCH CHEAPER to fly to Chicago and it would be non-stop, vs having to connect to go to AZO, DTW, or GRR. That being said, its about a 2.5 hour drive vs a 90 minute one from Detroit.

So what the rental car experience like at ORD, with no checked bags? How long from the gate to the rental car center? One bus/train? Or individual shuttles. (IIRC last time I was at DTW it was 1 shuttle per rental company and it took forever).

PS, If I do this, it will be after 9pm local time so traffic is much less of an issue. Just jump on 94 and send it.
It's about a 10 minute single train ride from the terminals (stops at T1, T2, T3, and T5) straight into the rental car center. Very easy.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
It's about a 10 minute single train ride from the terminals (stops at T1, T2, T3, and T5) straight into the rental car center. Very easy.
Thank You
pudgym29 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.