Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago CTA apple pay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2023, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Chicago CTA apple pay

Do i have to buy any card or app, or can i just wave my phone like london to pay for the CTA metro ?
Old Aug 20, 2023, 7:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by sambb
Do i have to buy any card or app, or can i just wave my phone like london to pay for the CTA metro ?
How-to: Making contactless payments (including Pay apps and contactless bankcards) at Ventra readers
If you have a contactless card from your bank or a phone, watch or other device with a contactless Pay app set up, you can use it directly for a Pay-as-you-go fare with Ventra instead of needing to get a card or ticket from us first!
Old Aug 21, 2023, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can just tap to pay like in London/NYC/others. The CTA will charge your card $5 but when the charge posts it will be $2.75 (or is it $2.50?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.