Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

What to do in ORD for five hours (landside)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm not sure this post goes in this forum, but I was unable to find an airport specific forum, so here it goes.

I'll be landing at the international terminal at ORD tomorrow. I'm meeting a friend who will land at T3 five hours later. What can I do in the meantime? I'll be carrying two big suitcases, so I'm thinking about finding one single place I can just stay for the five hours (as opposed to go here and there).

There used to be a small Starbucks near the baggage claim in T3, landside, but I'm not sure it's still there... Besides that? Is there anything inside the Hilton? Do they have a cafe or bar you can go without being a guest? Is there any lounge landside I can go even if I have to pay?

Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Asked the mods to move here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-455/
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Hilton ORD will store bags for a charge at the bellhop desk. Access to the hotel gym and swimming pool used to be available for a fee for non-guests, and maybe it is once again.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:00 am
BCH

Are you a shopper? There is an outlet mall near the airport with an airport shuttle.
In Terminal 5 by the check-in area, there is a Goddess & The Baker, which has nice coffee and baked goods.

Sadly, the airport is otherwise not very fun landside.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have heard that the ORD Hilton has a surprisingly good cocktail bar, if you feel like drinking. Else with 5 hours to kill I'd probably store my bags at the Hilton then hop on the Blue Line and walk around Wicker Park.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Hilton ORD will store bags for a charge at the bellhop desk. Access to the hotel gym and swimming pool used to be available for a fee for non-guests, and maybe it is once again.
Is the Hilton attached to the terminal?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lsquare
Is the Hilton attached to the terminal?
Yes, via the landside underground walkway from T1-3. Follow the signs at the terminals to get to the ORD CTA train station, and then close to where they sell CTA tickets by the CTA train gates, cut over to the side where the Hilton hotel sign is.
lsquare and MSPeconomist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.