Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

International Arrival Rules at ORD

Old Oct 8, 20, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage

I see a lot of information on OíHares website about state restrictions but I didnít see anything regarding international arrivals. Anyone know if itís a mandatory 2 week lockdown or is it just recommended ?
Old Oct 8, 20, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
The Illinois Department of Public Health has issued the following Travel Guidance:

International Travel

Should I avoid traveling internationally?

Avoid all nonessential international travel because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some health care systems are overwhelmed and there may be limited access to adequate medical care in affected areas. Many countries are implementing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines, closing borders, and prohibiting non-citizens from entry with little advance notice. Airlines have cancelled many international flights and in-country travel may be unpredictable. If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be disrupted, and you may have to remain outside the U.S. for an indefinite length of time.

CDC recommends travelers defer cruise ship travel worldwide at this time.

What can I expect when departing other countries?

Some countries are conducting exit screening for passengers leaving their country. Before being permitted to board a departing flight, you may have your temperature taken and be asked questions about your travel history and health.

What can I expect when arriving to the U.S.?

Travel restrictions and entry screening may apply to travelers arriving from some countries or regions with ongoing, widespread COVID-19.

You may be screened when you arrive in the U.S. If you have traveled to an area of higher risk, take the following steps upon your return to protect yourself and others:
  1. Stay home and avoid contact with others. Do not go to work or school for 14 days.
  2. Monitor your health for 14 days. Take your temperature two times a day and monitor for fever. Also watch for cough or trouble breathing.
  3. Keep at least 6 feet of distance from others.

When can I return to work after international travel?

International travelers returning home from areas of higher risk should stay home for 14 days after their arrival into the U.S. Once home, monitor your health and practice social distancing.

Old Oct 10, 20, 6:46 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Recommended, ORD's website is listing the Chicago travel order, which defers to the state on international arrivals.
Old Nov 16, 20, 3:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Other than receiving a CDC informational card (when coming into the US), some Covid-related signs at ORD, seeing people wearing masks, and lots of lounges and retailers at the airport being closed or having way less hours than usual, my recent uses of ORD have it as almost like normal except with way less traffic than back in say January and February. With regard to CBP and the rest of the feds, not a spoken word about mandatory self-isolation, and the written verbiage was in the language of a recommendation unless local rules for the traveler had it otherwise.

For my international arrival into ORD this month, smooth as could be.
JimInOhio likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: