Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

$8.5 billion O'hare expansion? New Global Terminal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$8.5 billion O'hare expansion? New Global Terminal?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by trvlr70
Who knows what the lounge situation will be in the expanded terminal? I know a new Sky Team lounge is being constructed now. And there will also be a tiny SAS lounge and the dreary Swissport lounge. British Airways also has a tiny space. But I thought things were supposed to improve?
  • Skyteam will be stunning.
  • New AirFrance and KLM lounge being built near M12
  • New LX lounge being built near M12
  • BA is losing their lounge at the end of the year. This means no Oneworld lounge at T5
  • Swissport lounge will be closed eventually.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by ords
  • Skyteam will be stunning.
  • New AirFrance and KLM lounge being built near M12
  • New LX lounge being built near M12
  • BA is losing their lounge at the end of the year. This means no Oneworld lounge at T5
  • Swissport lounge will be closed eventually.
Oh wow…….. didn’t know about the new Swiss lounge. That’s a nice surprise. But I’m shocked about the Terraces lounge. Just last year, BA revealed that they were planning on a renovation at ORD. Where did you hear about the new LX lounge. I thought it was lost for good.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:22 am

Oh wow…….. didn’t know about the new Swiss lounge. That’s a nice surprise. But I’m shocked about the Terraces lounge. Just last year, BA revealed that they were planning on a renovation at ORD. Where did you hear about the new LX lounge. I thought it was lost for good.
From LX directly. These two spaces were planned for BA and LX then covid hit and then both backed out. Now that things are returning to normal, some regret is kicking in, especially for BA. Personally speaking, I would have thought AA would have taken BA and EI over to Terminal 3 for the departures by now.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
From LX directly. These two spaces were planned for BA and LX then covid hit and then both backed out. Now that things are returning to normal, some regret is kicking in, especially for BA. Personally speaking, I would have thought AA would have taken BA and EI over to Terminal 3 for the departures by now.
I've been reading rumors that it would be BA and QR moving over to T3. I have nothing definitive. Potentially blogger speculation.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I've been reading rumors that it would be BA and QR moving over to T3. I have nothing definitive. Potentially blogger speculation.
You may have missed this post in the other thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33979550-post83.html

Is QR still on track for May, ords?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:01 pm
BCH

ORD21 Modernization Updates

...construction to begin on the satellite concourses and related airfield work when the ground thaws this spring.

The current construction timeline calls for the first satellite concourse to be completed in 2027 and the second satellite concourse to reach completion in 2028, the mayor's office said.Demolition of Terminal 2, the airport's oldest passenger facility, will occur in phases. The work is scheduled to begin in 2026, with a target completion date of 2030 for construction of the O'Hare Global Terminal. Construction of a large tunnel connecting passengers, baggage and utilities between the O'Hare Global Terminal and the satellite concourses is anticipated to begin in 2024 with a construction completion date of 2030...
Full story
Old Dec 1, 2022, 6:02 am

An update on the lounge issue, LX has decided not to build out and i'm hearing LOT will step in.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Better LOT open a lounge at ORD T5 than be stuck only with SAS’s lounge there as a Star Alliance lounge. TK not interested?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Better LOT open a lounge at ORD T5 than be stuck only with SAS’s lounge there as a Star Alliance lounge. TK not interested?
With a late morning (some days) and a late evening departure, TK might not be able to staff a lounge with any kind of efficiency. Maybe that's a deterant?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 3:47 pm

An update on the lounge issue, LX has decided not to build out and i'm hearing LOT will step in.
Wow! This is a let down. Terminal 5 really blew it in regard to lounges. Is this the best Chicago can offer?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:33 am

Wow! This is a let down. Terminal 5 really blew it in regard to lounges. Is this the best Chicago can offer?
Aren't people saying DL's lounge in T5 is one of the very best for that airline?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Aren't people saying DL's lounge in T5 is one of the very best for that airline?
That’s only one lounge that will be exclusive to Sky Team. We were promised multiple new lounges.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:20 am

That’s only one lounge that will be exclusive to Sky Team. We were promised multiple new lounges.
I'm not sure what you mean by "promised". The airlines build their own lounges, niot the Chicago Department of Aviation.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
They were told about the space. I'm going to agree what's been said, T5 shortcomings will be lack of lounges long term.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:29 am

They were told about the space. I'm going to agree what's been said, T5 shortcomings will be lack of lounges long term.
Frankly, it’s understandable. Until *A and OW sort out which airlines will use the new T2 and which will use T5, there’s quite a disincentive to invest big money in lounges.
GUWonder and cheltzel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.