Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Interview at ORD

Old Jan 5, 17, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

We will be flying into ORD on a domestic AA flight, collecting checked bags, re-checking said bags with Delta for our international flight, and eventually going back through security and flying out of Delta's international terminal.

We land in ORD at 11:30am and fly back out at 4:30pm, so we have roughly five hours to kill and are hoping to knock out a Global Entry interview in our spare time.

Can anyone please help with the logistics of collecting baggage, re-checking, and navigating over to Terminal 5? It looks like there is a tram that goes all the way around?

I know, sounds like a lot of hassle, but flying two people to Paris round trip for under $900 is worth it!

Thank you for any input!
Old Jan 5, 17, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Do you have an appointment setup for the interview?
Old Jan 5, 17, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If your international flight is DL operated and not just a codeshare, I strongly suspect that it will depart from the E gates in the domestic part of ORD, not the international Terminal 5.
Old Jan 5, 17, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
If your international flight is DL operated and not just a codeshare, I strongly suspect that it will depart from the E gates in the domestic part of ORD, not the international Terminal 5.
The Delta Paris flight indeed departs from T5. Something to do with the flight actually being a seasonal replacement for the AF flight.

To the question. Very doable. Collect your bags and follow signs to the Airport Transit System (ATS) and take it to T5. Check your bags with Delta and then the GE office is landslide on the arrivals level.
Old Jan 6, 17, 10:06 am
Original Poster

The Delta Paris flight indeed departs from T5. Something to do with the flight actually being a seasonal replacement for the AF flight.

To the question. Very doable. Collect your bags and follow signs to the Airport Transit System (ATS) and take it to T5. Check your bags with Delta and then the GE office is landslide on the arrivals level.
Thank you! This is very helpful.

To other's questions- I already have my GE, my SO needs to do his interview. We are hoping for a walk-in slot during our layover for our flight out, but have an appointment following our return flight. Hoping the notes regarding Terminal 5 are correct- that will make our lives very easy!
Old Jan 6, 17, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA, DL, EK, HH, SBUX, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ChristyF. View Post

To other's questions- I already have my GE, my SO needs to do his interview. We are hoping for a walk-in slot during our layover for our flight out, but have an appointment following our return flight. Hoping the notes regarding Terminal 5 are correct- that will make our lives very easy!
Good luck!
Old Jan 6, 17, 10:40 am

Programs: UA silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Since you're coming in on AA in T3, the international terminal T5 is the very next stop, with economy parking after that. Just make sure you don't get on the one going the other direction to T2/T1. Once you disembark on the AirTrain platform at T5, the up escalators take you to departures, and down escalators take you to arrivals. Basically, the AirTrain platform is in the middle.

Once you check in and check your bags, go downstairs and the CBP office is all the way to the left when facing the terminal / away from the street. You'll see a McDonald's over there and the CBP is just past that.

When I did my GE interview at ORD, there was someone waiting for a walk-in. They took me first since I had an appointment. She was walking in with someone else when I was walking out, so they do happen.
Old Jan 6, 17, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
Since you're coming in on AA in T3, the international terminal T5 is the very next stop, with economy parking after that. Just make sure you don't get on the one going the other direction to T2/T1. Once you disembark on the AirTrain platform at T5, the up escalators take you to departures, and down escalators take you to arrivals. Basically, the AirTrain platform is in the middle.

Once you check in and check your bags, go downstairs and the CBP office is all the way to the left when facing the terminal / away from the street. You'll see a McDonald's over there and the CBP is just past that.

When I did my GE interview at ORD, there was someone waiting for a walk-in. They took me first since I had an appointment. She was walking in with someone else when I was walking out, so they do happen.
Make an appointment for a reasonable time, and then show up as soon as you're ready. If you're obviously going to be late, call them as soon as you land at T3. I was late for my interview due to a CTA messup, and when I called they said "just come when you arrive at ORD." I did, and they helped me fairly quickly. On a very busy day, this might not be as easy.
Old Jan 6, 17, 11:35 am
Moderator: Information Desk, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by ChristyF. View Post

I did my GE renewal interview over the summer at ORD and they were accepting NO walk-ins and even turning around people who made same-day appointments.
Old Jan 6, 17, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the Chicago Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 2, 17, 12:24 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by milepig View Post
I also think it has to do with the fact that Delta doesn't have the gate space at the domestic terminal for the 767 they use on this route

Search this Thread