FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Interview at ORD
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:32 am
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Since you're coming in on AA in T3, the international terminal T5 is the very next stop, with economy parking after that. Just make sure you don't get on the one going the other direction to T2/T1. Once you disembark on the AirTrain platform at T5, the up escalators take you to departures, and down escalators take you to arrivals. Basically, the AirTrain platform is in the middle.

Once you check in and check your bags, go downstairs and the CBP office is all the way to the left when facing the terminal / away from the street. You'll see a McDonald's over there and the CBP is just past that.

When I did my GE interview at ORD, there was someone waiting for a walk-in. They took me first since I had an appointment. She was walking in with someone else when I was walking out, so they do happen.
Make an appointment for a reasonable time, and then show up as soon as you're ready. If you're obviously going to be late, call them as soon as you land at T3. I was late for my interview due to a CTA messup, and when I called they said "just come when you arrive at ORD." I did, and they helped me fairly quickly. On a very busy day, this might not be as easy.