Wiki Posts
Search

Big Ten Network @ DTW?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
Big Ten Network @ DTW?

I want to watch the Illinois vs BYU men's basketball game (12-17 @ 2130) on the Big Ten Network at DTW. I'd like a few craft beers at the same time. Some questions:
1. Do any DTW bars carry the BTN? If more than one, which has the best beer? I assume Slapshots still has the best beer, but I have no idea what channels they carry.
2. The game will end close to midnight. Am I likely to have the bar close on me in mid-game?
3. I will be staying at the Westin, and the BTN web site says they have the BTN Network in room, although I suspect it is anyone's guess how often they update their lists. Worst case is watching the game on my laptop via somewhat spotty WiFi. Do Westin rooms have a minibar fridge?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Most of the restaurants and bars at DTW close around 10pm. Why not just call the Westin and ask about their TV lineup?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
Thanks, DavidDTW. I was afraid the bars would close early. The hotel bar might be open later, so I guess I can play that by ear. I have confirmed that the rooms have minibars, so at least I am covered on that front.

Best case is that the room has either BTN in rotation or good wifi and a spare HDMI input on the TV for my laptop. Worst case is watching via cell phone. Ugh.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 10:32 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Questions pertaining to airports and specific geographies belong in our Destination fora. Therefore, we'll move this over to the Midwest forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.