Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago New Year

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
We've pretty much decided on this one http://chicagonewyearsparty.com/

JW Marriott, 4 hours of free champagne and premium spirits and cocktails including a buffet then after party at Hard Rock Cafe.

Before we book it does anyone have experience of these events?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:42 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Jamier45
We've pretty much decided on this one http://chicagonewyearsparty.com/

JW Marriott, 4 hours of free champagne and premium spirits and cocktails including a buffet then after party at Hard Rock Cafe.

Before we book it does anyone have experience of these events?

Thanks in advance.
Never heard of it, and based on their website it looked pretty sketchy, but FB seems to indicate they're legit and have been organizing this party for several years.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Never heard of it, and based on their website it looked pretty sketchy, but FB seems to indicate they're legit and have been organizing this party for several years.
I couldn't access the site from my work laptop, it identifies as a phishing scam. That may mean nothing, but I would agree to proceed with caution. Especially since I assume this is some kind of party promoter, and I thought I recalled that the JW hosted it's own NYE party (doesn't mean there can't be more than one).
Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Well we've booked it, we went through Eventbrite as chgoeditor mentioned them a few posts back, I also paid with my credit card for extra protection.

Read a few reviews on the internet and the marriott had actually replied to a review of the party on tripadvisor that the Marriott staff had replied to so it appears to be genuine.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Well we've booked it, we went through Eventbrite as chgoeditor mentioned them a few posts back, I also paid with my credit card for extra protection.

Read a few reviews on the internet and the marriott had actually replied to a review of the party on tripadvisor that the Marriott staff had replied to so it appears to be genuine.
Excellent. Have fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.