Wiki Posts
Search

Wolfgang Puck closes at ORD T3 [replaced by Publican]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
The server jobs are now posted on the HMS Host website.
And there's the rub, none of these places will be any good until HMS is ousted and the places are allowed to run their own operations. Even *bux is affected.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by milepig
And there's the rub, none of these places will be any good until HMS is ousted and the places are allowed to run their own operations. Even *bux is affected.
My understanding (and I could well be wrong) is that, while these employees are paid by HMS Host, they are managed by the operator, such as the Bayless company at Tortas Frontera, etc.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
glg

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
In an announcement concerning promotion of two chefs to positions where they are responsible for all restaurants in the Publican group, it was confirmed that the airport location was set to open before the end of the year, but nothing more specific than that.
Crain's says July 26

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...ly-26-at-ohare
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:24 am

My prediction... might be good for airport fare, but a lame knockoff of the original just like Wicker Park, Berghoff, and Hub51.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Eater Chicago confirmed both the Crain's date and the chef promotions.

One tidbit is that while Fulton Market aims to serve orders within fifteen minutes, the target at O'Hare will be eight minutes.

Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Data point: the restaurant is still not up and running
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by factory81
Data point: the restaurant is still not up and running
Yes, as noted by glg in post 18 - opens on 26 July 2016.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
The mention of beer upthread is heartening.

Some of the very best craft beer in the world is being made in and around Chicago. I find it hard to believe anyone selling the good stuff at ORD won't make a killing.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA
I'm sorry to say goodbye to Wolfgang Puck's at T3. The roasted half chicken with rosemary, potatoes, and a glass of whiite wine was a regular treat and real pleasure that made setting off on a trip much better for me. I hope I can find it at some other airports along the way.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

That chicken was.......the best. I ate it all the time myself.

Originally Posted by cubbie
I'm sorry to say goodbye to Wolfgang Puck's at T3. The roasted half chicken with rosemary, potatoes, and a glass of whiite wine was a regular treat and real pleasure that made setting off on a trip much better for me. I hope I can find it at some other airports along the way.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Publican is just phenomenal. This is a major upgrade.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Some of the very best craft beer in the world is being made in and around Chicago.
I would have to say that this is at least slightly, if not grossly, exaggerated.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I would have to say that this is at least slightly, if not grossly, exaggerated.
Probably slightly. But it is one of the best, and least known, areas in the US for craft and microbrews. Other parts of the country get more attention and have been doing it longer. Some of the west coast brews for instance. But I'd put Chicago area beers up against any of them.

Back on topic, I'm surprised there are people here who will miss WP. Maybe I owe the one in T1 another chance, but even if Publican is only 75% as good as the original, I'd have to think it's an improvement.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Not a bit exaggerated.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Just goes to show that just because someone frequently sees a retail outlet as being very doesn't necessarily mean it's going to remain in business there.

I've never been much for eating at airport restaurants if I can help it, so can't say I'll miss the WP presence at ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.