Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Last flight of the day out of Ord

Old Apr 8, 16, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak, Marriott rewards, United, American

I was just fooling around looking at departures out of ORD. It looks like Oz 235 is the last flight of the day at 11:55 pm. Should be kind of different since I've never done that before.
Old Apr 8, 16, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the FT Chicago Forum.
Please follow there..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Apr 9, 16, 6:09 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by steve4031 View Post
I was just fooling around looking at departures out of ORD. It looks like Oz 235 is the last flight of the day at 11:55 pm. Should be kind of different since I've never done that before.
I stopped flying TPAC for work a couple of years ago. Glad to see OZ moved the time on this flight back to being a red eye. The only issue is it is the old J hard product (angled lie-flat). If you are flying in business and cannot sleep in that kind of seat, it probably won't work for you. In coach, it is a 34" seat pitch and has a much better than average food/beverage service. IFE is a bit dated but not bad IMO.

I liked flying it when it was scheduled around 1:00 AM. Long flight, nice meal service and then a good snooze. Arrive ICN early in the morning and can make pretty much any connection possible out of ICN you want.
Old Apr 9, 16, 7:28 am
Original Poster

I'm flying on miles so it will be better than coach

I am looking forward to this one. First solo in business class.
Old Apr 9, 16, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
I am looking forward to this one. First solo in business class.
LOL...yes, better than coach .

My problem with this flight is that if you're connecting at ICN on star alliance, you typically have a very long layover.

But other than that, enjoy!
Old Apr 9, 16, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by JBord View Post
LOL...yes, better than coach .

My problem with this flight is that if you're connecting at ICN on star alliance, you typically have a very long layover.

But other than that, enjoy!
At 4 or 5 AM at ICN the only thing open is the OZ business lounge. I don't remember for sure but I think they have the recliner snooze chairs.
Old Apr 12, 16, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

When is check in for this flight?

My Freind is going to want to check a bag on this flight. I'm assuming it will be around 9 pm for 11:55 pm flight.

I'm not to excited about that layover at I need. I take a shower and try to get a decent breakfast.
Old Apr 12, 16, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Public transportation service into Seoul generally gets going around 5:30 am, depending a bit on the route of course.
Old Apr 13, 16, 12:29 am

My Freind is going to want to check a bag on this flight. I'm assuming it will be around 9 pm for 11:55 pm flight.

I'm not to excited about that layover at I need. I take a shower and try to get a decent breakfast.
The OZ business lounges at ICN have showers as I recall.

Assuming your friend will have a lengthy connection (over 4 hours), the restaurants at the airport open up starting around 6AM or 7AM. I was impressed with the options available at ICN. But I never looked for a Western breakfast.

If your friend has a really long connection you may want to go to the Asia forums or to the OZ forum and fins threads about going into Seoul.

Search this Thread